5k Shop roaster for sale

beeliada

Jan 7, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for that Chris, it is a great little roaster and I loved using it. I'll be sorry to see it go. I still fire it up occasionally and do a couple of roasts for my family and friends. You can't beat the coffee business its a great life.
Thanks for taking a look.

Chris Kay

Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
beeliada.
I agree.

The only thing is... the HAs Garanti looks very much like an Ambex. However the Ambex isnt a Has Garanti, its actually a YUCEL. Still Turkish and its assembled in the USA, with motors made in the USA and US standard electricals etc.

beeliada

Jan 7, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for that Chris. I didn't know that one, you learn something new every day. I thought there where only two roaster manufacturers in Turkey. Makes you wonder if they are'nt all connected in some way because they're all very similar.
Beeliada

Chris Kay

Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Some of the parts are exactly the same.
Turkey has a huge Roaster tradition .
Coffee didnt come to Europe till the Ottoman Empire introduced it.
With 60 million plus people in Turkey and most drinking coffee(and tea) for that period of time (hundreds of years)you can imagine they are pretty active.
Interestingly over the border in Greece you can find Greek roasters less advanced and for alot more money.
Milenium is another roaster brought to the US and re badged .

rollman

Feb 28, 2005
Visit site
Chris Kay said:
Some of the parts are exactly the same.
Turkey has a huge Roaster tradition .
Coffee didnt come to Europe till the Ottoman Empire introduced it.
With 60 million plus people in Turkey and most drinking coffee(and tea) for that period of time (hundreds of years)you can imagine they are pretty active.
Interestingly over the border in Greece you can find Greek roasters less advanced and for alot more money.
Milenium is another roaster brought to the US and re badged .

The US Millennium roaster has been 100% USA built for the last year.
and the Year before it was a mixed bag.

The Turkish frame machine Roasters Exchange imports is now marketed as the HM Quattro Roaster. The Machine has be refited with US motors and CA-UL listed control system to be legal to us in the US and Canda. All imported machine need to have this done by the importer. This has caused some confusion as the first set of Millenium ( not a rebadged design)
Blue prints were sent to Turkey for the Frame to be manufactered as US Roaster Corp did not have the Manuf. Plant set up yet. It turned out that the improvements were offered to any one that walked in with an order :evil: US Roaster Corp no longer imports any frames. The Sister Company Roasters Exchange offers rebuilding services and can imports frames from Turkey as requested (on the old design) and offers the W.Roure Roaster from Spain that features a perforated drum that has great support.

I know of 3 roaster companies in Turkey and they all sell to N'th America under many different resalers names. The trick is will the reseller be able to support the machine 20 years later? A good roaster will last 50 years or longer. When they are gone nobody will support the machine that did not sell it as it costs money to answer phones have techs and machine-shop on stand by to give support. If it is very cheap I would not expect much or any service.
If you do not need any service and understand that you might not be able to get parts as the Machines change all the time then you know an Engineer to help you find what you need then all will be fine. As of Last year most all of the low cost companys could not offer main parts(drums or cooler arms) or AutoCAd drawings of machines that were made a few years before. How are they going to take care of you later???

Chris Kay

Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Who is to say who is around and who isnt in 20 years time?
For example ... i used to have an E Type Jaguar.. i dont have it anymore.
The reason i dont have it anymore is because i was having real trouble finding bits and pieces for it.

Most old Probats are not original in each of their parts.
Roasters are made in a way that you can usually find what you need.

Drums??
Never lost a drum in my life!!

Anyone here lost a drum???

I dont know of one coffee roaster that was missing a drum and they were looking for a new drum.

Bearings, motors, electricals ... well yes!!Roaster arms??Mate, i made a sweeper arm that rocked!!! :wink:

Theyre all replaceable.
Youre not saying people shouldnt buy they Has Gaaranti cos its Turkish are you?That someone should go out and pay double the price to but a Deitrich (for a 5 kg roaster?) Who buys 5 kg roasters?? Theyre either sample/ small batch roasters or coffee roasting newies
Why should newies go to the bank and break it to see if their dream works??

I reckon what you just posted is plain wrong!

If someone wants to buy a 5 kg Has Garanti roaster they should be able to without you huffing and puffing and scaring them onto a product that does the same job at double the price.

I think i have a clue about roasting and roasters.
I dont need to swallow that utter rubbish about service etc.
Most roasters have no problems for a long while. When they do you can find parts almost anywhere.. or have them built.

Youre making it out as if roasters are the SS ENTERPRISE..

Chris Kay

Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
I guess what im trying to say is this...

If people spend 10k to a buy a car...and they drive that car around for 20 years... running 15k miles per annum on it.. whats it worth?
Now if you invest 10k on that 5 kilo roaster and you get 20 years worth out of it... what is it worth and what has it given you?

This whole whats the service going to be like in 20 years time..just doesnt wash!!

The Has Garanti roaster for that kind of $$$ is good value. there is no advantage in buying an expensive roaster particularly for someone who is just starting out.

rollman

Feb 28, 2005
Visit site
Ouch

Never said I do not like Turks. I have good frenids in Turkeyand many parts of the world.

I do not like my designs being given to others when they are for our company.
Might be four builders over there not sure.

If you want to "say" what I mean. Then understand what I mean!

I have said several times I thought you were smart and have agreed with you.

I will contuine when I do if it is possable, as I'm seeing a trend.

You attacked roasting guy and others before.
You had no reason then either.

I will still say that most all of the Turkish machines not have as good of support. Maybe that will change some day. Many people are glad to pay three times as much for the American or Canidain machines. They are not all that much higher if you look around.

PM me you email address I will send you a lot of Emails of bad drums
and roasters missing drums and other parts. You can pass then around to all the people that did not know a drum can wear out.

If you have never see one a drum or other missing parts then
I find that "weird"

Chris Kay

Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
I havent seen missing drums. I cant imagine how a drum would just die.
And yes i know that the support might or might not be there with Turkish roasters.
My point is that unless youre roasting as heavily as Topher, youll have very few roaster problems.
The problems you do have youll either get fixed by an engineer. Or youd send an email to the roasting company in Turkey and get a spare part air freighted. I reaqlly dont think i made a personal attack on you. Rather i did pounce on what you said.
If people want to pay 3 x the $ for an American Canadian roaster thats fair enough. I dont see the point in scaring start up roasters into thinking they have to part with 3 x the $ to start their dream.
The problem will not be their roaster but their cash flow.

Ive actually roasted (tested Turkish roasters before) i bought one because i feel it is a very good roaster. I also have a German built roaster, Ive owned an Italian roaster and have built my own roaster.
There are roasters out there that are a century old and are still roasting great coffee. Some are wood fired..I love that page on Sweet Marias where the dude has pictures of roasters hes encountered around the world.
some are the weirdest things youve ever seen.At the end of the day they all roast coffee.. and most would do a pretty good job.
Ill never forget one of the very first roasters i ever saw in my life. It was a Royal in Astoria NY..... if that thing was roasting coffee..no matter how beautiful it looked.. i wouldnt worry about a Turkish/Portuguese/Colombian roaster.
The very first roaster i ever saw was in my parents village in Greece, roasting away on one motor and wood fired.

Dont take what i said personally, i was jumping on the message where i believe youre scaring newies from endulging in something ive been lucky enough to endulge in by using a home made roaster first up.
Were too quick to scare people in my opinion.

I never said you hate Turks.