Flavouring beans.

YorkChao

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Good Afternoon,

Has anyone experience of adding flavours to beans after roasting? We are looking at making limited edition flavours which would be infused after the roasting process.

Any pointers on this one would be great.

Thanks as ever.

Chris.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
You can do it with liquid flavors or power bean. Power bean is nice if you don't want to have a separate grinder for flavors. If you want send me a pm with your email address and I can get you some contact info for some different flavoring companies.

YorkChao

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the reply Topher. I'll send you a PM. I wondered if there was a way of spraying the beans with the flavour. Then if we choose to grind them the flavour will still be there. I hope that makes sense?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I flavor 45 lbs at a time. We have a food grade "cement mixer" Flavoring is basically propylene glycol with super concentrated flavors. You use half an ounce for every 2 pounds. once applied you can grind and it will stay flavored...try not to get it on you or you sill smell like it for days. I got your pm and will forward you an email and phone number to a guy.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
sorry I must have had fat fingers when I typed that out it is a half ounce per pound. it is a 3 % mixture...16 oz of coffee for .48 oz of flavor. So 1 oz for every 2 lbs.