Ducting for IR 2.5

jsab

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Hey folks.

Decided to turn my hobby into a (side) profession and buy an IR 2.5. I told myself to stop thinking about it and just do it. Now, I realize there is much to figure out! Now, I need some help with the ducting. Diedrich recommends a 6 inch diameter, stainless steel double wall air ducting. I am looking for any information on the ducting such as costs and obstacles you guys may have gone though when installing it.

Also, the space I want I cannot go straight up through the roof since there is a second floor. Thoughts on running the ducting along the roof then outside?

Thank you.

wwcove

Banned
Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
You can run it out the side wall if you have an outside wall in room you will roast in. Do you have pics of room? I would think Dietrich would provide a manual for you or some clear instructions. I would avoid running pipe less than a 45 degree angle. Here is a general video on setup of a roaster and it shows cutting a hole about 8-9 foot out a wall to avoid going through a 2nd floor. And this vent works for 2 3kg roasters:

https://youtu.be/5kDResheZr8

Nugget

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Diedrich is pretty strict on this; wanting double walled, positive pressure, grease ducting. I have van packer; many use Nordfab. It'll be 6in id, but 8in od. I Think it'll be about $2k-$3k depending how far the vertical distance is. I think your roaster exits 4 feet higher than mine which will save you a bit.
van packer.jpg

Nugget

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
:decaf:and I know I'm kind of new around here, but I absolutely reccommend AGAINST installing with a set up like the above youtube video. Maybe my set up is overkill.