Heat Sealer / Selection

Hello -

I'm starting to purchase equipment for my roasting facility.... the heat sealer is the next item to purchase. I've looked at a few options and many website, it appears most people are simply re-selling AIE's product family. From AIE's product offers I have a few options that I'm looking at:

Width of Seal - I'm going with 5mm... any reason to go to 10mm? I will be packaging 2 oz bags and I'm afraid the 10mm is too wide.
    Dual vs. Single Impulse Sealer- I'm going with a Double/Dual impulse sealer... it will speed up the seal process - any downside?
    Width of Sealer - going with the standard 12"

Options I need feedback on:

Foot Sealer vs. Automated... I know its not much to use a foot sealer... but it seems like the automated will add a bit of efficiency.

If Automated is preferred, any recommendation of using a horizontal desktop version vs. vertical model such as:

http://www.aieco.com/enet/views.asp?hw_id=424

Thanks - Mike

i started out with an clothes iron and figured i'd upgrade after I got started. Still using the iron. it works fine and was free

We have that same sealer and are very, very happy with it. We use it vertically as a foot sealer to bag 5, 10, and 20 lb bags of green coffee. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    Hello -

I'm starting to purchase equipment for my roasting facility.... the heat sealer is the next item to purchase. I've looked at a few options and many website, it appears most people are simply re-selling AIE's product family. From AIE's product offers I have a few options that I'm looking at:

Width of Seal - I'm going with 5mm... any reason to go to 10mm? I will be packaging 2 oz bags and I'm afraid the 10mm is too wide.
    Dual vs. Single Impulse Sealer- I'm going with a Double/Dual impulse sealer... it will speed up the seal process - any downside?
    Width of Sealer - going with the standard 12"

Options I need feedback on:

Foot Sealer vs. Automated... I know its not much to use a foot sealer... but it seems like the automated will add a bit of efficiency.

If Automated is preferred, any recommendation of using a horizontal desktop version vs. vertical model such as:

http://www.aieco.com/enet/views.asp?hw_id=424

Thanks - Mike

Thanks Steve.. does the 'shelf' offer enough stability that you can rest the product onto it? Do you find it easily adjustable?

Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    Thanks Steve.. does the 'shelf' offer enough stability that you can rest the product onto it? Do you find it easily adjustable?
    For roasted coffee in 1-5 lb bags, yes.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links