Royal #6 Help

curlyjohnston

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi all.
I have been rebuilding a Royal #6 for about a year now. I have come to the final assembly. The previous owner had modified the roaster to fit his needs. I am putting it back to original. I am looking for validation that the choice I have made is correct.
Looking at the photos, Is the order of the washer-bearing-washer correct?
Are they in the proper spot on the shaft?
Is the normal operation of the fan, as you adjust the fan control arm, it pushes the 2 pulleys together and the friction from the outer pulley pushing on the inner pulley is the energy transfer to run the fan? The outer pulley is keyed, the inner pulley is free spinning. No key, lock nut etc. This is the only way I see it happening.
I also attached a photo of my #1 that I rebuilt as well.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Eric

Royal # 1 & 6.JPG Royal #6 Back 1.jpg Royal #6 Pulley 1.jpg Royal #6 Pulley 2.jpg

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
I don't know jack bupkis about the answer to your question but must say kudos on the restoration. You've got yourself some nice looking antique roaster there!

mahenryak

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I found this link below. I have no experience whatsoever with the company. Good luck with your beautiful roaster!

oldcoffeeroasters dot com slash royal dot htm

sorry, not enough posts to post actual link. maybe a veteran can clean this up for me :coffee:

curlyjohnston

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
HI all, It appears that, that is the way it is supposed to work. After getting some feedback, it runs very smooth. With a bit of engineering and bearings on the fan shaft there is no wobble. I need a bigger volume of gas to roast but 17 months later she is ready.

curlyjohnston

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
It works like any other roaster. There is a diverter for air through the drum or the cooling bin or a combination, and I have control over the fan speed. Air flows through the drum from the bottom to the front top then out through a channel across the top to the back and then down to the fan and out. It can move a lot of air. I will need to do some calculations and get the air right. I know people modify these roasters for a more modern control. I am going to start with the original design until it does not suit my purpose. I run my #1 this way and am very happy with the result.

Latest posts