Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I am very happy to stumble upon this link and GRATEFUL for those forum member for taking their time to give detailed answer.
    I am also in a process of starting farmers market to sell my coffee. Pending for DC sales and tax application to comeback.
    Last edited by Bereka; 01-18-2016 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bereka View Post
    I am very happy to stumble upon this link and regretful for those forum member for taking their time to give detailed answer.
    I am also in a process of starting farmers market to sell my coffee. Pending for DC sales and tax application to comeback.
    No reason to regret...be grateful for Chef David for taking the time, and providing thorough and detailed information. One doesn't need five people saying the same thing in detail...just one. The fact that CD has taken time to provide such a high level of information is better than 10 people responding with incomplete and superficial responses. I like this guy!

I meant Grateful. I am always grateful and enjoy reading all the posts on this forum. Everyday day is a learning day..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peaberry View Post
    No reason to regret...be grateful for Chef David for taking the time, and providing thorough and detailed information. One doesn't need five people saying the same thing in detail...just one. The fact that CD has taken time to provide such a high level of information is better than 10 people responding with incomplete and superficial responses. I like this guy!
    Last edited by Bereka; 01-18-2016 at 06:04 PM.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bereka View Post
    I meant Grateful. I am always grateful and enjoy reading all the posts on this forum. Everyday day is a learning day..
    Bereka,

I had a strong feeling that you meant to write the word grateful. I was tempted to edit your post when I first read it, but I didn't want to be accused of over moderating again.

Rose

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Bereka,

I had a strong feeling that you meant to write the word grateful. I was tempted to edit your post when I first read it, but I didn't want to be accused of over moderating again.

Rose
    That is very weird...I didn't see that translation when I first read it. I thought he meant he regretted that forum members were taking their ever-lovin' sweet time in replying to the post...lol...just sayin'...

No doubt Coffee Lovers, love talking or writing about coffee
    Thanks Mr. Peaberry for bringing the auto-correct error to my attention, and thanks Rose for always reading my mind lol

Hi Kbeans,

I must say, Chef David is the man! All good stuff.

Possibly this will help you as well: I sell coffee to a very enterprising young man who runs a coffee shop out of the back of his car. He's the mobile barista. He's got a pop-up 'tent' that he pulls his car into to stay out of the rain and people drive up and he serves them out of the back of the car. He works from a lay-by on the side of a busy commuter street. He has a propane espresso machine. For grinding he's got a big truck battery that he recharges every night. He serves coffee from 7am till 2pm and runs pretty steady all day.

So maybe the truck battery for grinding could work for you?
    Last edited by expat; 01-19-2016 at 03:26 AM.
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been -- Jimmy Buffett (via Mark Twain)

@ChefDavid Thanks again for a very helpful response. Your tips and suggestions are very helpful. There are a few things I didn't think about. I completely agree with you about business insurance, especially after the Chipotle incidents. Sound like I have a lot more due diligence to do!

That space sounds awesome! Expensive, but sounds like high sales potential. Like you said, higher rent usually means better locations and higher earning potential. It will probably be a while before I am looking for a brick and mortar location, but if you'd like to share, I will gladly take their contact info.

Again, thank you for your help David!

@expat Chef David is the man for sure! I haven't thought about a battery...that is a great idea! I appreciate it.

we started selling in farmers market. first of we started selling the beens only then we moved to hot coffee the effort we put to the latte espresso based drinks was not worth it soon we find out our customers were more into cold brew , Nitro coffee. yes nitro coffee we used very silent 3000w Honda generators to power the freezer for nitro we did well for the past two years. it is a bit hassle loading and unloading the nitro and generators into the van but it worth it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links