Toper Cafemino Gas Control Issue.

mrtwistle

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Hey, i am new to this forum but have been reading posts for a while now. Anyway i have been roasting on a gene and now on the cafemino, but i have come across a problem with the flame control and was hoping someone could help me out. :)

The 1st issue is the spherical valve does not seem to do anything when the lever direction is changed. And the Flame Control valve also does not control the flame and i have a very high flame that also bounces. The machine is stock from factory.

I have the machine set up to a 10kg propane tank.

Would be very grateful if somebody has a fix for this.

Thanks

Tom

mrtwistle

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
So i found out it was not a technical problem and maybe more of a user problem and not being used to gas, however from what i have discovered the flame control dial opens up 2 full turns yet the adjustment for flame is in the 1st 1/4 of a turn, the rest is fully open.

Another observation is the standard regulator is set for 30mbar, where as i have been finding a level between 5-10mbar being perfect for roast times between 10-15 minutes. I am unsure the reasoning for using such a high pressured regulator and would think that a smaller one would be safer and easier to control the gas pressure?