Show me your exhaust / Idea needed

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Hi All -

I'm in the process of getting exhaust installed on my USR 12K and I'm curios as to how others are routing your exhaust. The 'tricky' part of the installation is the cooling bin exhaust is just below the clean out bin. In the lower right hand of the picture you can see the wooden handle. Just below that is the exhaust for the cooling bin. The installer suggested using flexible exhaust and route it to the back of the roaster (between cycle and roaster) then straight up to the roof. That way I could simply uninstall the exhaust for easy access.

RoasterExh.JPG

What would you suggest? Is that a good idea?

Can you post pics of your install?

And specifically - how do you disassemble your exhaust for cleaning?

Thanks - Mike

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I would not suggest using flex pipe. It is impossible to clean. I just run my cooling bin exhaust straight out and up. My drum exhaust I run to my chaff collector then to my after burner. I do not connect the two because then I would have to run the cooling bin fan all the time. I have been running my 60 kilo Ambex for about 5 years and I check the cooling bin exhaust about once a week and have never had any blockage or build up. I suggest you get Nordfab piping. Quick release makes life so much easier.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Noted on flex pipe and quick releases. We were only going to use a small amount to wrap around the cooling bin around the bottom of the roaster. The problem is if I connect bin exhaust out and up it blocks the chaf tray... seems like a bad design IMO.

Franciskoh

Dec 4, 2014
Singapore
Visit site
I am using flexi pipe for my Giesen W15 cooling exhaust and it seems like its going to be torn apart anytime as during activation of cooling exhaust fan, the flexi pipe would flung out of it original position due to the exhaust air pressure. Now looking for a hard piping to replace..

Latest posts