Trouble with Artisan getting temperature readings

Nikkarus

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I've installed Artisan, have my thermocouples installed and everything running to where I think it should function. Unfortunately it appears I'm wrong. When I start up the roaster and start a log the clock starts but I get no temperature readings whatsoever. I roast with a Diedrich IR12. I don't have a good understanding of all the config settings within Artisan so perhaps I just need to configure it accordingly. Is there any base settings that need input here for functionality? Also, when I start the log at the top appears the message: Exception: ser.ARDUINOTC4temperature(): list index out of range@line 27501

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

sae

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
is this a diedrich ir-12 with the built in USB? If so you have to download the phidget driver from the phidget website

JohnD18

Jan 5, 2015
New York
Visit site
I have instructions from Diedrich about how to configure for Artisan, if the USB is built in by Diedrich. It should be the Phidget 1048 I believe. Let me know of you want me to forward you those directions.

Nikkarus

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response! It does not have built in USB. I have the thermocouples running into an arduino controller

Nikkarus

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
If it's not already painfully obvious I'm not very tech savvy. Also my boss was the one who hooked this up, so I'm trying to get it figured out in his absence. As far as I can tell whatever base driver to transmit the readings from the arduino is on here because of this arduino app (pictured below). I don't see (doesn't necessarily mean they are somewhere I can't find them) drivers that are installed. Are the drivers something you can specify to me to find and download? I'm on Linux. Thanks!

IMG_20160324_172124680.jpg