First burn....

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Okay all...here is (finally) a picture of my first batch of bean.

13238913_10207190322892683_7922855516472276636_n.jpg

Yes I should have rotated the picture but I added the text when I posted to FB, so there it is! Love the consistency of the roast, but not liking that it took 18 minutes. Also, my cooling bowl needs to be replaced with a better configuration as it is fairly cumbersome to hold and dump the beans. Suggestions for building a smallish cooling tray are welcome. We will find out how these do in the cup tomorrow.

Peaberry

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey Alex,

You are really a funny guy. Like I would charge you for a first bag of coffee...you have been a great support and inspiration for me, so don't even talk about money until I'm putting out a consistently good quality product...then we will talk about price...lol! As to the beans...well they came from Guatemala. I have a friend who brought them back from a trip he took at the end of last year. They have a lot of defects because these were beans used for their cuppings and they pulled out the defects as they needed more sample roasts. I just decided to leave the defects in as I figured the first batch was not going to be a bullseye and just wanted to dial in the temp and stir settings. The 530g green became 460g roasted with the loss of 13.2% moisture. Roast took too long...stopped it at 18 minutes. I will be roasting more this coming week, so stay tuned. My wife used some of the beans to brew a pot for me prior to my leaving for work (day job). It wasn't too bad actually...even with the defects. I'll do a pour over tomorrow or on Monday & report back.

Slurp, you commented on another post about rebranding your coffee business. I am intrigued. Would you elaborate on that in that thread?

Cheers all, and thanks for the kind words.

Peaberry