Help Please: Looking for a roaster- 3kg and above and made in the USA

Countrycoop

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I am in the market for a coffee roaster. I would like it to be USA manufactured new or used it doesn't matter. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Seb

Mar 18, 2014
Quebec/Canada
Visit site
Try to give more info about what you are looking for. Any particular brands you are interested in?, What size roaster would be ideal for you? And check on this forum, there is always some roaster for sale.

Countrycoop

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
The roaster can be any brand as long as it is made in the USA. The only one I would take that isn't made in the USA is Ambex. The roaster size 3kg and above is what I am looking for. I hope this can help someone point me to a roaster. Thank you.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
The US brands to consider / USRC, Diedrich and San Franciscan... all 3 have pros/cons and all do a great job. I never could get Probat to respond to any of my calls or emails - their loss. Both USRC/Diedrich/SF all are very helpful - give them a call!

Countrycoop

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for replying. I have heard of these brands before. There is another brand I have heard about and it is Primo coffee roasters. Does anyone know anything about there machine?

dparham

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the primo PRI-TT-EC I Coffee Roaster and it is fantastic! I bought from a forum member who was stepping up to a larger roaster... he bought a Deidrich this round which is similar with IR Burners ... The owner Dion of Primo Roasters will reply as I have emailed to him a few times and even have bought one of his machines preowned he replied and was very helpful... he worked for Diedrich at one time making roasters i think... i also love the Diedrich machines both made in USA... but like some have said... all roasters have pluses and minuses... mine can handle 7lbs green... but not on all coffees... if I need run something in a short roast time 7lbs is a little much... i do not think this is because of heating but may just be i need a little tuneup ... my general batch size is 5.5 as I can make quicker changes as when I just roast 6lb capacity... it cools VERY fast also and all of this is with one fan... if heard of stories of some one fan machines unable to drop and cool same time but mine has no problem... 60 seconds to cool with another load roasting away! also it is VERY efficient on propane! i hardly get my manual gas valve above medium and once warm i barely get there...

Last edited:

dparham

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for replying. Does primo sell used machine to?

I don't see them for sale often, the site I do see them on I cannot recall off hand... maybe I saw it earlier in this thread? anyway.... but I did see a Diedrich on sale now around 10k used on eBay, new show owners took over and put in their larger unit and have this one for sale ... search for Diedrich IR-7N Coffee Roaster + Vent Pipe

dparham

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
the guys at Mill City have a great industrial designed affordable roaster and I only read very positive reviews not to mention i have bought several items from them like the phidgets ... I was considering one of their roasters as they are super nice helpful guys ( not just web plug lol) but one selling point besides total control is customer service!