Anyone know anything about Buckeye Coffee roasters?

Rocsato16

Jun 23, 2016
Ferrum, Virginia USA
Visit site
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and this will be my first post! I am starting small roasting business and have been looking at a few 1-3Kg drum roasters. I have recently been looking at the BC-1300 from Buckeye Arizona Coffee and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these roasters?
I also was looking at the Tj-067E from Mill City, but not sure that I will be going that way.

Thanks in advance!!!

jefferson17

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I have spoken with Randy at Buckeye several times and I certainly really like the guy. I can say the same about Steve at Mill City. But, I'm not sure that one would get the same level of support and community with Buckeye that Mill City has - at least here on the East coast. I think, in the end, it's somewhat a judgement call and try and see if you can maybe get a local reference for each where you can get a feel for the gear before you write the check. Both those companies really want to do right by the customer and put you into "the right roaster" for you.

Rocsato16

Jun 23, 2016
Ferrum, Virginia USA
Visit site
I have spoken with Randy at Buckeye several times and I certainly really like the guy. I can say the same about Steve at Mill City. But, I'm not sure that one would get the same level of support and community with Buckeye that Mill City has - at least here on the East coast. I think, in the end, it's somewhat a judgement call and try and see if you can maybe get a local reference for each where you can get a feel for the gear before you write the check. Both those companies really want to do right by the customer and put you into "the right roaster" for you.

I guess i should have posted an update on my situation! I ended up purchasing the Buckeye for my business. It has worked out well with the customer service being great! Randy at Buckeye worked with me and the roaster was delivered as they promised. It's a workhorse!