Probat L12 refubishment. Paint question

Gustopher

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi All

I am just embarking on a refurbishment of a 1990 Probat L12. Does anyone have any advise on specifications or brands of paint that are appropriate? I'm thinking I'll need something at least rated to 300°c? 2pac? powdercoat? So far the painters in my area have been very unhelpful. I do have a guy who is happy to spray a product that I source.

Any advise most appreciated.

-Gus

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Is it going to be visible to the public? Or are you planning on selling it after you refurbished it? If either one of these is the case then I certainly do a powder coat. If not I'd just strip it down to the bare metal who cares about painting if it is not going to be visible to the public as long as it's stainless steel or aluminum

Gustopher

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
All the powder coaters I have talked to so far have rated their paints at no more than 200°c. I'm thinking it is too low to stand up to the heat this roaster will put out.

The roaster is mostly mild steel so leaving it raw is out of the question.

solock

Mar 13, 2015
Lehigh Valley PA
Visit site
Most painted surfaces that are for appearance or dress on a roaster are well below the roasting temperature. On my toper the green surfaces are in the 200 degree F range, the face is matte black steel and that gets hot, and all exhaust areas are chrome or black metal. \