Roaster installation & safety certification

Sinister703

May 31, 2004
Windsor,Ontario
Visit site
Hi folks, need some advice about my new 10 kilo Ambex thats not hjooked up yet!
Gas installer said I'll need a permit for the installation which he can get (the permit) but he said the roaster needs CSA (Canadian Standards Assoc) certification before he can get a permit & install it. Nowhere on the roaster does it say anything about UL or CSA approvals, what did you folks do about this? I ask cuz it'll cost 1500-2500 to bring an inspector down from Toronto just to look and tell me if/what needs to be modified to meet CSA standards certification.

Help! :?

Sinister703

May 31, 2004
Windsor,Ontario
Visit site
Hi Topher, called Terry and he got back to me...
He sent me info on another roaster he had sent to Canada, seems the folks here make it a bit troublesome to approve a roaster. I have to get a special 'field inspection' but Terry's helped a ton!
I don't think I'd have been able to do it without Terry's help. It's just gonna take some time to iron out the details and get the inspection done (I hope thats all! :) )
Ah well, its such a nice roaster I'd do it all again!

rollman

Feb 28, 2005
Visit site
UL listing

Many small new Roasters have a UL listing these days that is good in the US and Canada. It is becoming a requirement in the States also.
The small home roasters are were it started. Many inspectors want it on all of them and is is included from most makers at no extra charge.