Which roaster, which roaster?

CoffeeAtMidnight

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I have owned a coffee shop for a few years, and I am in the process of starting a coffee roasting business. I wanted to get opinions on a few roasters. I'm looking at some from US Roaster Corp., Mill City Roasters, and Buckeye Coffee. Does anyone have experience with these brands? Are there any you would recommend instead?

Thank you all!

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
I am A die hard US Roaster fan but it all depends on your budget. Mill City has an excellent and another roaster I would consider is a San Francican. Budget councious look into Mill City

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I run on a 12K USRC... my 'final' three that I evaluated were USRC, San Franciscan and Diedrich. I did not consider Mill Creek or Buckeye seriously due to the fact they are manufacturers outside of the US. Since the roaster was the heart of the business I wanted local support/parts availability within my own country. Not to say there aren't fine roasters made outside of the US, I simply wanted to be able to catch a flight or have something overnighted if needed. Regarding Mill City vs. Buckeye... I think the key there is support... Mill City seems to be doing a great job of helping North Roasters penetrate the US market. Its only hearsay... but I have heard the North Roasters fit/finish is only "OK"...

slurp

Jun 24, 2014
Hollywood Fl
Visit site
Which size are you looking for? I have an Ambex 60 kilo that works well, A Victory 12k that gets the job done. Newly added is a Roaster Dynamics 1 pound sample roaster and it rocks. If you are looking for a smaller machine (up to 15k) check out the Roaster Dynamics stuff.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I have been roasting for over 20 years and I personally love Ambex. I like slurp have a 60 kilo. I have used it for about 10 years and love it. Super simple to work on and get parts. If you have any specific questions pm me. Good luck ;)