Looking for a 5-6kg roaster.

jvpagoda

Oct 22, 2016
Spain
Visit site
Hello all!

I am looking to start roasting coffee next year in Spain. Anyone have feedback on Giesen, Garanti or Joper? It seems like what I have heard is that if you can afford a Giesen or Probat, then don't bother with the Turkish models. I would love to buy a used machine, but don't seem to see too many for sale. I would like to have an automated roaster with profiling set up as I will be a one man show at least in the beginning. Any feedback is welcomed. Thanks!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I do not see anything wrong in "turkish" brand roasters. I have a 60 kilo Ambex..yes it is a Turkish frame but it has American motors on it. I originally had this machine at my last company I worked for. I bought it used...it was 2 years old when I got it. I beat the snot out of it. I roasted 21 hour days for weeks on end. I snapped but the machine kept on keeping on. When that company sold I bought it for the next company I worked for. I have had this roaster for almost 14 years now. I love it. I have used Probat, Geisen, Has Granti, Royal, San Franciscan, Toper, Petroncini, Diedrich and a couple others. All these roasters have positives and negatives. I suggest going to SCAA next year and get in front of each machine and look for yourself. Speak to others that have or have used them in the past. It is a big decision. Mill city will also be there. I got to check their machines out last year..pretty cool stuff. Dan Jollif is a solid dude over at US Roaster corp. If you have any specific question on any of the machines I mentioned above hit me up [email protected] I wish you luck ;)

stinsonddog

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
WsKeeble I am in the same position. I have started an analysis that includes San Franciscan, US Roaster, Diedrich and Giesen. I am happy to share with you. Check your PM. I am sticking to US made most likely.