Datgen Roasters

WhiteGoat

May 1, 2016
Visit site
I have been looking for a roaster for a little while now and have come across Datgen Roasters that appear to be reasonably priced. They are made in Germany and come with profiling capability as well as external chaff collection. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on Datgen Roasters?

jefferson17

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I have been looking for a roaster for a little while now and have come across Datgen Roasters that appear to be reasonably priced. They are made in Germany and come with profiling capability as well as external chaff collection. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on Datgen Roasters?

Hi Everyone,

This is just a quick heads-up to provide some general info. I have been working to carry the Datgen line in the US for several months now, and am in the process of purchasing a larger unit for my own Roastery. Each roaster is built by hand in Germany, with the quality parts that one would typically expect. Similarly, Datgen strives to provide every common feature as standard, rather than an additional cost option (logging, network connectivity, compatibility with Artisan, etc). We know that we certainly would want these features in every roaster and so feel that they should simply be included up-front.

Because all Datgen roasters are built to order, we can also accommodate nearly any special request or customization that you wish for, at a reasonable price. Please just let us know what you are interested in, and we will do our best to make it happen.

We also have some exciting things in the works. Some of them I can't quite discuss as of yet, but we are striving toward building a customer community and reasonable service offerings. The early goal is to help new roasters to more rapidly achieve desired roast profiles, reduce the initial learning curve and help you to be more successful.

Thank you for your kind attention. I apologize if this is the wrong place within the forum - so if you wish for more info please start a new thread in the appropriate place or message me as you like.

Regards,

Jeff

Last edited:

Zec

May 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi Everyone

When the selling point is shown as Europe, it is not meaning that their products are manufactured in Europe.
This company's products are manufactured in Turkey. Unfortunately, they are manufacturing in nonlegal way. Because of that they can give reasonable prices. Be careful!!!

We are not rich enough to buy cheap stuff

jefferson17

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi Everyone
When the selling point is shown as Europe, it is not meaning that their products are manufactured in Europe.
This company's products are manufactured in Turkey. Unfortunately, they are manufacturing in nonlegal way. Because of that they can give reasonable prices. Be careful!!!

Hi Zec,

You should be more careful before posting highly inflammatory posts. We - who don't buy cheap stuff - call that trolling.

Datgen is made in Germany (Europe). I have had many discussions with the owner, going all the way back to Oct of 2016. Final manufacturing is IN GERMANY., where his plant is, etc. That is a LEGAL requirement in Germany for them to be able to claim this. Components are made in various places including Turkey, Spain, and Japan. This is perfectly legal. We do exactly the same here - with "made in USA" and components from other places.

Zec - perhaps before you come here, create a brand new profile (have no reputation or credibility) might reconsider attacking a company where the owner is so dedicated that he has been personally delivering and installing each and every unit throughout the UK and Europe.

Sorry but you clearly have no knowledge of Datgen whatsoever. Do you even know how to roast coffee? I suggest that you go back to trolling wherever you came from.

Regards!

J.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Can't find any website or info. Found some pics with pricing. If you have a link please post. Would be interesting to compare a Geisel to a Datgen. ETL/CE approved?

jefferson17

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Can't find any website or info. Found some pics with pricing. If you have a link please post. Would be interesting to compare a Geisel to a Datgen. ETL/CE approved?

Hi Charlie,

Their site is Onepage - clean responsive HTML5 themes - thomsoon.com. The site definitely needs an update and posted spec sheets, etc. The owner is spending a lot of time on the road. He hand delivers each unit throughout Europe, including installation and initial instruction.

You can find them on ebay, but the listings are spelled "Dätgen" - with that special a. Since this is an overseas shipment with customs implications I personally would not use eBay but would get a freight forwarder, who can handle all the paperwork and shipment from Germany (CIF is usually a good choice) to your best local/regional port. This also gives you an opportunity to perhaps negotiate a better price.

Certification:
It has been a long while since I asked - it was one of my early questions. I looked through my emails, chats and notes and can't seem to find it so it was probably on the phone. I reached out to him earlier today and am waiting to hear back. I'm sure that there is something as these are required in Europe also.

jefferson17

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Update: Certification:
CE is currently held. This is the most typical one for this type of machinery for commercial use and seems to be useable throughout Europe and USA (perhaps Canada also?).

Zec

May 21, 2017
Visit site
Dear chast,

Datgen Roasters owner (turkish guy) is swindler in Turkey. He is always trying to find a foreman for manufacturing the roaster ( by using other companies' foremen) They are not manufacturer. He is just using these foreman for producing UNLEGAL way in Turkey. Also, I heard that he was using STOLEN drawings from other Turkish Company (I am keeping in touch with Company owner). This person continues to defraud people with stealing labor and stolen drawings.

They were also not attending the World Of Coffee Budapest. Because, the UNLEGAL foremen did not complete the machine in Turkey.

Hope that you are not buying your machine from this company.
[FONT=Segoe UI, Lucida Grande, DejaVu Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

jefferson17

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Datgen Roasters owner (turkish guy) is swindler in Turkey. He is always trying to find a foreman for manufacturing the roaster ( by using other companies' foremen) They are not manufacturer. He is just using these foreman for producing UNLEGAL way in Turkey. Also, I heard that he was using STOLEN drawings from other Turkish Company (I am keeping in touch with Company owner). This person continues to defraud people with stealing labor and stolen drawings.

They were also not attending the World Of Coffee Budapest. Because, the UNLEGAL foremen did not complete the machine in Turkey. Hope that you are not buying your machine from this company.

Hi Zec,

First, Datgen is manufactured IN GERMANY - not Turkey. Let's get that fixed right off the bat.

Second, Ersin (the owner of Datgen), can provide REFERENCES from many real customers throughout Europe - where he typically hand-delivers and installs each of these roasters.

Third ... You are clearly some guy that was fired from Datgen or you work at a competitor. It's obvious. So, you have no credibility. Get over yourself and move on with your life. I bet that you don't even know how to roast.

WOW! Zec and Jefferson seem to be in battle here about the Datgen Roasters !
SO! White Goat :
Have you looked at the US Roaster Corp Roasters?
They are made by hand in Oklahoma City < I have one and know of 2 more in my area and everyone seems to be very happy with their roasters.
Dan Jolliff will custom build you a roaster with any of the features you require.
Lets see? made in Oklahoma City USA ;) no over seas shipping to deal with, In house or OKC location training, and Dan will take you out for diner.
All parts are available in the USA too.

Thank you and Have a great day.
Bean Hunter54
remember>> We Roast Global Beans for Local Human Beans<<

Lostman

Sep 21, 2012
Turkey
Visit site
Hi Zec,

First, Datgen is manufactured IN GERMANY - not Turkey. Let's get that fixed right off the bat.

Second, Ersin (the owner of Datgen), can provide REFERENCES from many real customers throughout Europe - where he typically hand-delivers and installs each of these roasters.

Third ... You are clearly some guy that was fired from Datgen or you work at a competitor. It's obvious. So, you have no credibility. Get over yourself and move on with your life. I bet that you don't even know how to roast.

Datgen is not produced in Germany. The owner is Turkish guy Ersin who let some other companies workers to complete the machines in Izmir Turkey. Moreover he paid some other companies workers to steel the drawings of roasters. Please compare the design of R&R Roaster and Roaster with them. You will see the original ones on Coffee Roasting Machine | Coffee Grinder | Coffee Silo
Datgen owner close their domestic company a few months ago in Turkey. They are in trouble with government. They establish new one. But it is not sustainable business. Do not wait aftersales service. They produce today but stop tomorrow....

Choosing a roaster

Have you thought about buying a roaster made in the USA?
i have a US ROASTER CORP ROASTER made in Oklahoma, I love this Roaster and it is a work horse, the owner has stepped up when I needed help no only with operating the Roaster but in how to run profiles to roast a better bean. Price wise their roaster are reasonable or better if you look at to currency conversion and then there is shipping cost.

they also offer in house training at the facility in Oklahoma City.
And Dan will take you out for dinner for some great Oklahoma favorites