Does anyone know the brand of the roaster in below picture?

justocoffee

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
276b8b9a36b00559b04d401ccc995412.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justocoffee

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. That's where I took the picture, in WholeFoods Vancouver BC. Any thoughts on the quality of the roast. I'm looking into purchasing a roaster but since I'm a newbie I need something simple and this one looks pretty decent.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I feel that air roasted coffee tends to lack depth and body. I am not a fan of these roasters. I had a friend who had one and he loved it. He liked that he could turn a dial and walk away. That being said I personally do not recommend anyone walking away from any roaster while it is in use.

justocoffee

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
Thanks topher. What kind of roaster do you recommend for a newbie to roasting? I've been importing green coffee direct from farms in South America (mostly Colombia, Guatemala and Honduras), had a local roaster, roast it for me. But as of recent I've been wanting to buy a roaster and roast my own since my online/subscription coffee company is doing very well and I don't want to pay a roaster to roast my coffee anymore.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
How much coffee are you roasting? What do you predict your volume to be in a year? I always suggest go bigger and grow into it. I have a 60 kilo and if I wanted to roast 30 lbs I could do it with no issue. I had a 2.5 kilo that I could roast down to a 1/4 lb on...my point is you can do smaller batches in a larger roaster but you can't do larger batches in a smaller roaster. I personally like Ambex. I have had this one for 15 years and have beat the snot out of it and it is still going strong. That being said I also used an antique royal that was built in 1896. As long as you take care of them they can last forever. If you had someone roasting for you in the past...who is training you to roast? I would suggest either hiring someone with experience or pay someone to teach you. Good luck!

Foxcoffee

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
Roaster for sale

Hi I agree with topher ...depending of the quantity you need roast you should consider a bigger roaster ......think big if you want develop your business in the future .
I have for sale a beautiful roaster line machinery made in Italy Officine Vittoria 30kilos ( 66lbs/cycle ) that maybe can be of your interest .
Pls let me know if you need more informations .
Bye

justocoffee

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
How much coffee are you roasting? What do you predict your volume to be in a year? I always suggest go bigger and grow into it. I have a 60 kilo and if I wanted to roast 30 lbs I could do it with no issue. I had a 2.5 kilo that I could roast down to a 1/4 lb on...my point is you can do smaller batches in a larger roaster but you can't do larger batches in a smaller roaster. I personally like Ambex. I have had this one for 15 years and have beat the snot out of it and it is still going strong. That being said I also used an antique royal that was built in 1896. As long as you take care of them they can last forever. If you had someone roasting for you in the past...who is training you to roast? I would suggest either hiring someone with experience or pay someone to teach you. Good luck!

Thanks for always being helpful and real topher. I had an opportunity to roast some Huila with this 37 year old L9 and the beans came out perfect!!
833cd8845a2769eff32a23523e7d58d7.jpg

justocoffee

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi I agree with topher ...depending of the quantity you need roast you should consider a bigger roaster ......think big if you want develop your business in the future .
I have for sale a beautiful roaster line machinery made in Italy Officine Vittoria 30kilos ( 66lbs/cycle ) that maybe can be of your interest .
Pls let me know if you need more informations .
Bye

Please email me at [email protected] for more details. Thanks for your comment!