Buckeye Coffee BC-600 vs Sedona 700 vs Santoker R500vs Mill City // WHICH ONE?

letitburn

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys,

To tell you a bit of background, we're opening a coffeeshop and will start roasting as well, but coffeeshop is first priority. Roasting will be for now like an experiment, to learn and know things.
I already know basics of growing, washing, roast profiles and etc. I have a hard time considering which machine to buy, so I think a small gas sample machine is suitable for learning and experimenting.
We have 4500$ max budget, and we're based in EU.

I have these machines on my list: Buckeye Coffee BC-600 ; Sedona 700 ; Santoker R500 ; Mill City 500g sample machine.
I don't know what to ask first, but if you could say something in comparison.
I already have read all topics and posts on BC600, mill city, santoker.

Few questions:
1. Does anyone know how much is shipping to EU from US and China. And how to do it?
2. What is the difference between Sedona 700 & Santoker R500F cause it seems they are the same, maybe R500F is newer version.
3. How much points of TRUST have Buckeye Coffee, for how long they produce they roasting machines?
4.The uglier the better???? Mill city seems to have nothing with beautiful looking and design but my be these things trying to distract attention on what is inside?
5. Do you know some producers or contact branch/person in EU???

I'm looking forward to your thoughts :))

Last edited:
I am currently roasting on the 1KG Gas roaster from Mill City - after extensive searching, comparing, review reading, Mill City is where I ended up hanging my hat. Prior to purchase, I spent time on the phone with Steve discussing the machine, talking options, and getting the vibe that these guys are a incredibly integral and reputable. Purchase was a breeze, they walked me through the import process (they are in US, I'm in Canada) - zero issues. Set up was laid out in easy to follow instructions, and the machine was up and running within hours of receiving!

However - perhaps the most important part of my relationship with Mill City has been the support I have received since! They are responsive, consultative, and incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. They are also involved in many active communities, are involved in coffee education and promotion, and seem to be continuously developing. I have had Skype-sessions with Dave, who continues to assist me not only with any roaster-specific troubleshooting, but with furthering my abilities as a roaster and small-business owner.

In short - THESE GUYS ARE FOR REAL!

Hankua

Nov 11, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Visit site
Your conflating a number of things, although it appears all Chinese roasters are mentioned. Buckeye (who used to be an active member here) carries a number of different Chinese roasters, Santoker being one of them. Good luck comparing all the different ones surfing the internet, it's a start however.

Shipping a roaster from China to US, and back to EU makes no sense at all. Drop shipping the roaster from China to EU, is the least expensive way if indeed you purchase from US dealer. The other alternative is to self-import a Chinese machine and save some money, seeing your on a tight budget. Not for everyone, requires due diligence, and assuming the associated risks yourself.

1. You need to find a reputable builder with a machine that meets your needs. 2. Engage a customs broker/freight forwarder to handle your end or the whole shipment. 3. Order the roaster, pay the bills, and wait for the crate to arrive. It's somewhat complicated for a novice, not impossible however.

MillCityRoasters

Jun 25, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
Drop shipping the roaster from China to EU, is the least expensive way if indeed you purchase from US dealer.

Just to clarify, we're not a dealer. North Coffee builds exclusively for us and we're in charge of sales, service, warranty, and support worldwide. We've currently got reps in 9 countries, including Germany in the EU. We shipped two machines to Costa Rica today and took an order from the Czech Republic this morning. Shipping to the EU on a small roaster is typically about $350 plus entry fees and a small charge for the roaster accessory kit we ship from the US.

People usually call or email us to request a real quote.

Last edited: