Sevval Makine Coffee Roasters? Do they make Toper, Ambex, Garanti, R&R, etc???

jefferson17

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I've had some correspondence with Sevval for a 15 KG coffee roaster. My first concern is roast quality.

Since they seem like a really big manufacturer (they make massive machines for General Foods and others), I wonder if they make one or more of the brands we've seen for years like Ambex, Toper, Garanti, Roaster and Roaster, etc

Would anyone possibly have info or experiences to share?

Thanks!

Jeff

Last edited:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I have not heard if they build for the roaster manufactures you mentioned. The first time I met the Ambex crew was in 95 or 96. I walked into their coffee shop they were building. I was apprenticing roasting at the time and was trying to pick up wholesale business. There was 3 guys back then. Terry , Amir and I can't think of the third. I bought a 5 kilo from them for Monin . I remember years later they took a trip to Turkey to film the whole process of producing a roaster. When they returned from their trip they said they did not do any filming. This was odd to me. They said no one wants to watch 2 Turks building frames in an old barn. See Ambex brings in the frames and puts american motors and what not on them. I am wondering if you are correct and they just didn't want people to circle behind them and get a roaster cheaper. I did check out their website. Years back Ambex was selling stone grinders that looked like the ones they had on their site. Then again I didn't see a 2.5 kilo option in their roaster offerings and the picture of their roaster on the site doesn't really look like Ambex. Have you asked them if they manufacture for the mentioned brands? I do know that I have never had problems with any of the many Ambex roasters I have used. If I did have an issue it was minor and I fixed it myself. Let us know if you find anything out.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Just curious..where are you located? What is shipping and import fees going to run you? What was the lead time? I would factor all fees in and see if it is close to what the other manufactures are charging..Good luck!

jefferson17

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
This is Jeff, up near Philadelphia - we've been chatting :) Shipping to here is usually reasonable. MOST ships that do go to Philly stop in New York first anyway, and trucking cost from either port is very reasonable.

Last edited:

GarantiRoaster

Sep 22, 2008
Izmir - Turkey
Visit site
Hello Jefferson,

Thay are just manufacturing Dried Fruit roasting machines. They are buying the Coffee Roaster from each of Coffee Roaster manufacturers. and they are selling. But they do not have a production of Coffee Roasting Machine. (Lastly they bought 120kg batch roaster from us and sold someone else..)

Please follow the exact Coffee Roasting Machine manufacturers. They are just knowing and have an exprecience about Dried Fruits.

Thanks
Garanti Roasters Co.