Need help with pressure gauge

pgalabi

Dec 14, 2012
New Jersey
Visit site
So I recently purchased a Primo T, and it works great. I added a needle valve to give me extra control. I have also added a WIKA low pressure gauge 0-15, but it isn't reading anything, it remains registered at 0. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, the flame is pretty big under the roaster, so I know there is pressure. I attached it after the needle valve before the nozzle. Please help me figure this out, Do I need an even lower pressure gauge? is it in the wrong spot? is it the wrong gauge?

This is gauge I purchased https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005F6BS6O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for your help and advice!!

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
That gauge appears to be for PSI. 1 PSI = 27 Water Columns... So even if your running at say 9 WC your gauge would only show 1/3 PSI. The best gauge I can find for low pressure gas is this one:

Dwyer LPG4-D8022N - Series LPG4 Low Pressure Gage

I would call Dwyer to confirm this is the correct gauge for your application.

pgalabi

Dec 14, 2012
New Jersey
Visit site
So I put a new gauge that goes from 0-10kpa and I'm still not getting a reading.

Is the gauge still to high, or it is the way I have it set up.
I have it at the end of a Tee. Gas enters one side of the Tee the other end it the Gauge and the top of the Tee connects to a pipe that connects to the Nozzle.