Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Book of Roast

Banned
    $125.00 plus shipping?
    of course, if this book is that good and also can give you some information that really can improve your roasting (which you can not obtain from youtube or any other website information), then, I guess it is worth it.

I wonder how good this book it.

So I guess my next statement would be when we as a forum have a resource like Mill City offering free education with their videos. Is something like this really worth the asking price for those of us who know about Mill City?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peaberry View Post
    So I guess my next statement would be when we as a forum have a resource like Mill City offering free education with their videos. Is something like this really worth the asking price for those of us who know about Mill City?
    Not worth the pricing! Doug! .... unless JohnD18 gives 10 out of 10 score!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peaberry View Post
    Don't know, but Mill City just bought one.

Roast Magazine is terrific. Maybe we'll do a book review.

Steve

That would be stupendous! Yay!

So, I ordered it a week ago. Still no movement on a shipping/tracking number or anything. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on my thoughts once I get it though. I'm going to be super disappointed if it ends up lacking useful information for experienced roasters.

I always enjoy reading books and what I have found is they all basically say the same thing. Just worded different. I do not see what could be different at that price that could change the way you run your shop. I guess they will cover everything but it has already been printed. Their own magazine has covered many ideas and tips. I save all mine since day one and sometimes look back and compare 2008 to current. JMO
    Charlie
    If you are afraid of failure or losing money, quit while you are ahead

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chast View Post
    I always enjoy reading books and what I have found is they all basically say the same thing. Just worded different. I do not see what could be different at that price that could change the way you run your shop. I guess they will cover everything but it has already been printed. Their own magazine has covered many ideas and tips. I save all mine since day one and sometimes look back and compare 2008 to current. JMO
    so, i guess that it is like... Best collection songs of Eagles... or of Michael Jackson..etc ?! But they sure do make some big money by doing it....

Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    so, i guess that it is like... Best collection songs of Eagles... or of Michael Jackson..etc ?! But they sure do make some big money by doing it....
    Kinda.. haha. Its expensive... but when you consider its $30 a year for a subscription and you are getting 6-7 years worth of info IMO its not that bad. And Roast Magazine always is top notch writing. Nice article in this months magazine about the financial cost of 'sustainable' coffee production.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    Kinda.. haha. Its expensive... but when you consider its $30 a year for a subscription and you are getting 6-7 years worth of info IMO its not that bad. And Roast Magazine always is top notch writing. Nice article in this months magazine about the financial cost of 'sustainable' coffee production.
    Yep. that is why I own some CD of "best song collection from Eagles, Michael Jackson & Whitney..etc. A lot cheaper to buy one "best collection" than buying all of their published CDs.
    Last edited by ensoluna; 05-05-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links