Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Book of Roast

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
    Posts
    2,825
    $125.00 plus shipping?
    of course, if this book is that good and also can give you some information that really can improve your roasting (which you can not obtain from youtube or any other website information), then, I guess it is worth it.

    I wonder how good this book it.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    870
    So I guess my next statement would be when we as a forum have a resource like Mill City offering free education with their videos. Is something like this really worth the asking price for those of us who know about Mill City?

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peaberry View Post
    So I guess my next statement would be when we as a forum have a resource like Mill City offering free education with their videos. Is something like this really worth the asking price for those of us who know about Mill City?
    Not worth the pricing! Doug! .... unless JohnD18 gives 10 out of 10 score!

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peaberry View Post
    So I guess my next statement would be when we as a forum have a resource like Mill City offering free education with their videos. Is something like this really worth the asking price for those of us who know about Mill City?
    Don't know, but Mill City just bought one.

    Roast Magazine is terrific. Maybe we'll do a book review.

    Steve

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    870
    That would be stupendous! Yay!

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    145
    So, I ordered it a week ago. Still no movement on a shipping/tracking number or anything. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on my thoughts once I get it though. I'm going to be super disappointed if it ends up lacking useful information for experienced roasters.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    658
    I always enjoy reading books and what I have found is they all basically say the same thing. Just worded different. I do not see what could be different at that price that could change the way you run your shop. I guess they will cover everything but it has already been printed. Their own magazine has covered many ideas and tips. I save all mine since day one and sometimes look back and compare 2008 to current. JMO
    Charlie
    If you are afraid of failure or losing money, quit while you are ahead

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by chast View Post
    I always enjoy reading books and what I have found is they all basically say the same thing. Just worded different. I do not see what could be different at that price that could change the way you run your shop. I guess they will cover everything but it has already been printed. Their own magazine has covered many ideas and tips. I save all mine since day one and sometimes look back and compare 2008 to current. JMO
    so, i guess that it is like... Best collection songs of Eagles... or of Michael Jackson..etc ?! But they sure do make some big money by doing it....

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,449
    Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    so, i guess that it is like... Best collection songs of Eagles... or of Michael Jackson..etc ?! But they sure do make some big money by doing it....
    Kinda.. haha. Its expensive... but when you consider its $30 a year for a subscription and you are getting 6-7 years worth of info IMO its not that bad. And Roast Magazine always is top notch writing. Nice article in this months magazine about the financial cost of 'sustainable' coffee production.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    Kinda.. haha. Its expensive... but when you consider its $30 a year for a subscription and you are getting 6-7 years worth of info IMO its not that bad. And Roast Magazine always is top notch writing. Nice article in this months magazine about the financial cost of 'sustainable' coffee production.
    Yep. that is why I own some CD of "best song collection from Eagles, Michael Jackson & Whitney..etc. A lot cheaper to buy one "best collection" than buying all of their published CDs.
    Last edited by ensoluna; 05-05-2017 at 01:33 PM.

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Does anyone can recommend book for roast machine?
    By InEarthcoffee in forum Coffee Roasters
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2016, 12:59 AM
  2. Writing a coffee book - what would you like to see?
    By BoiseCoffee in forum Coffee Table
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-19-2014, 10:28 AM
  3. book
    By NordstromCoffee in forum Coffee Industry Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2006, 08:32 PM
  4. A good book?
    By Scheezo in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & Cafes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-04-2005, 04:59 PM

Search tags for this page

the book of roast

,
the book of roast download
,

the book of roast pdf

,
the book of roast: by roast magazine
Click on a term to search for related topics.