Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Book of Roast

Not even close to what I was getting at. So to make it simpler I am agreeing with John about having content for the experienced roaster.
    Charlie
    If you are afraid of failure or losing money, quit while you are ahead

I ordered a copy last Saturday and received it this past Saturday (exactly one week later). Seems like a wealth of information to jump into. At the price it would've been nice to have a hard back instead of paper back but still a quality job nonetheless.

That's quick turnaround QBC! Please share your thoughts as you settle into the book.

So, I got the book in late last week, but haven't had the time to really crack it open and read through it yet. Seems to be very detailed and thorough on the expected stuff, but we'll see what kind of outstanding content it has, if any. I remain optimistic though.
    Attached is a photo -- the thing is massive. With over 400 pages of actual, informative content, or so it seems.
    Book of Roast-img_1033.jpg

Has anyone read the Scott Rao book? Any thoughts if you have? I have, and I have my own thoughts on it, but overall I found it very insightful as to the mechanics of roasting. I am hoping to find some content in here that corroborates and/or expands upon some of his thoughts.
    I'll keep everyone posted as to what I find that is noteworthy.

John, I just ordered Scott Rao's book "The Coffee Roaster's Companion" on Amazon. Should arrive in a week or so. I would love to hear your feedback on the comparison to Roast Magazine's "Book of Roast"...which is on my Birthday wish list; hint, hint...lol!

So, after reading posts by Mr.Peaberry, and JohnD18, I was excitedly anticipating some perspective on "The Book of Roast." But there isn't any further mention of it in this thread. I'd love also to hear opinions on Scott Rao's book.

I know them well. They started their business selling cheap Chinese made roaster. I would rather have US roaster company program or Ambax will give you better class at no cost if you are going to purchase a roaster.

It’s been a couple years since it’s release, would love to hear anyone’s insight on what they think about the book!

Things they’ve learned from it, whether or not you feel the price of the book is worth it or not?... etc...

Ya......though, Scott Rao's book has good practical information, things such as protocols and rules of thumb. It does get a little into the types of roasters and such. It is worth the price though I have read it a couple of times and now is collecting dust on the shelf. I had been meaning to get Rob Hoos book but have had difficulty getting off my @ss.

I thought about buying a Mill City years ago but it would not pass our(government) Electrical Standards Association inspection. They have come a long long way and now have an ESA pass designation. I have roasted on one at a Roasters' Guild event and looking to buy one as a sample roaster.

Book of Roasts ? Can't afford it. anyone going to give a review ?

Quote Originally Posted by wmark View Post
    Ya......though, Scott Rao's book has good practical information, things such as protocols and rules of thumb. It does get a little into the types of roasters and such. It is worth the price though I have read it a couple of times and now is collecting dust on the shelf. I had been meaning to get Rob Hoos book but have had difficulty getting off my @ss.

I thought about buying a Mill City years ago but it would not pass our(government) Electrical Standards Association inspection. They have come a long long way and now have an ESA pass designation. I have roasted on one at a Roasters' Guild event and looking to buy one as a sample roaster.

Book of Roasts ? Can't afford it. anyone going to give a review ?
    I've never done a review, and my copy of Book of Roast has been on the shelf for almost a year and a half. I'll try to find a little time to review it and share my thoughts, but it would be nice for someone who is roasting professionally to give it a more "hands on" perspective.

Cheers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links