cooling bin

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I have been roasting for about 24 years now and this is a first for me. I was cleaning out under my cooling bin and noticed a lot more build up than usual. When I started to vacuum it out I realized that the build up was a lot finer than usual. Usually you will find wee little chips under the bin..and not a lot. This time I fill my 9 gallon shop vac and still have a quarter of the cooling bin to clean. It looks like it is ground coffee...fine as if for a pour over. Also when my had was rubbing the top of the area it was caked with this fine coffee. It was perfectly dispersed. Its almost as if someone poured coffee in the bin. Anyone ever find fine coffee in their cooling bin and not by sabotage?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Len...If something was grinding that much in the bin I would have noticed it in the beans after they exit the cooler. I cleaned under the cooling bin pretty recently. I also noticed someone had etched "SOL" into the cleaning door. I am starting to thinks someone dumped 10 or 15 lbs of fine ground coffee in my cooling bin...sigh. grounds cooler 3.jpgfiner than normal.jpggrounds cooler 2.jpg

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
Did you fire anyone lately? And did you notice that the fine coffee made a difference to your cooling efficiency (probably you weren't thinking about cooling bin times, I don't, but just wondering in case it was really noticeable)?

Latest posts