Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I thought I would post an update two years later. I ended up purchasing a Diedrich IR2.5 I love the company and the roaster. Great people. That being said, I did recently attend a roasting class held by mill city and those appear to be fairly solid roasters as well. I was initially turned off by the "made in china" aspect. I don't regret my decision. I do, however, wish I would have heeded the advice to buy a 500g/1kg machine for sample roasting and then got an 5k-12k machine. So anyone reading this post in the future, I hope you consider that approach.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jp2112 View Post
    I thought I would post an update two years later. I ended up purchasing a Diedrich IR2.5 I love the company and the roaster. Great people. That being said, I did recently attend a roasting class held by mill city and those appear to be fairly solid roasters as well. I was initially turned off by the "made in china" aspect. I don't regret my decision. I do, however, wish I would have heeded the advice to buy a 500g/1kg machine for sample roasting and then got an 5k-12k machine. So anyone reading this post in the future, I hope you consider that approach.
    Hello jp2112,

Thanks for following up and letting us know how things worked out for you.
    I'm sure there are plenty of people who will benefit from your thoughts about starting out with a different size roaster.

I'm glad that after two years you are still visiting the Coffee Forum. I hope you'll stick around, and share some of your knowledge with us from time to time.

~ Rose

I can not see how you would ever buy a chinese made roaster at Mill city instead of a Diedrich ? The prices are about the same 21000 for a 5
    kg Diedrich or 20000 for china built Mill city 6 kg . I will say I love those Mill City guys Steve anJoe Morroco and Dave .They do have great service .I just wish
    I could afford them .I need to upgrade to a 6 kg this month but can not afford that .I only have about 12000 to spend. I wish Mill city would have a used machine in my range I would snatch it up today !! Thanx again for the update Jp2112
    Gary

It's mostly the cosistency, why ask anything when you have google.

THE most important issue is "Can you roast?" The basics are simple, but there is a giant chasm between managing a great looking roast and crafting a beautiful and nuanced coffee.
    I like the idea of "all in". Practice. Practice. Practice. Taste and adjust. Repeat 1000 times and when it's right, THEN "go to market."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links