What are the best coffee beans?

PanamaPlx

Sep 28, 2017
Rochester, NY
Visit site
Some of my favorites are from Africa (Ethiopia and Kenya), Central America (Guatemala, Nicaragua, Panama), and South America (Colombia). But even within one country like Ethiopia you have different regions (Guji, Sidama, Yirgacheffe, etc) so it's hard to say what is best, what one person likes a lot maybe someone else doesn't like but the ones I listed are some of the preferred regions.

PanamaPlx

Sep 28, 2017
Rochester, NY
Visit site
I have only had a few experiences with Nicaragua (5-10) from local roasters, but they were all positive. Could be my data pool is skewed since it's so small a few of those times they were aged in whiskey barrels too so further testing and time will tell but I'll buy it almost every time I see it until I get to the bottom of it :idea: I also forgot to mention Papua New Guinea and sometimes Indonesia but Guatemala ::swoon:: so good.

CoffeeMate123

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Can someone guide me about some of the best coffee beans available in the market?

Hello there,

To answer Your question, at first I should know, what kind of coffee do You prefer.

All coffees consist of arabica or robusta beans, or a combination.
Arabica beans are more expensive and tend to make better coffee.
Robusta beans are less expensive and easier to grow.
Roasting is what turns green beans into coffee that is ready to grind and brew.
The type of roast is often listed on the label, so you may have to experiment before finding the one you prefer.
And different brands may characterize their roasts differently.

For instance, I love my coffee to be complemented by caramelization notes such as nutty, bread or baked goods, or chocolate. Especially, when the weather gets colder outside the window. :) For this reason, Coffee Mate’s beans “Caprissimo Belgique” become my No. 1 at this time of the year.

However, as I already mentioned, You will not find Your favorite coffee beans without tasting them!

Good luck in searching for the coffee beans that would suit Your personal taste best. :)

Chelly

Oct 7, 2017
Visit site
Hello there,

To answer Your question, at first I should know, what kind of coffee do You prefer.

All coffees consist of arabica or robusta beans, or a combination.
Arabica beans are more expensive and tend to make better coffee.
Robusta beans are less expensive and easier to grow.
Roasting is what turns green beans into coffee that is ready to grind and brew.
The type of roast is often listed on the label, so you may have to experiment before finding the one you prefer.
And different brands may characterize their roasts differently.

For instance, I love my coffee to be complemented by caramelization notes such as nutty, bread or baked goods, or chocolate. Especially, when the weather gets colder outside the window. :) For this reason, Coffee Mate’s beans “Caprissimo Belgique” become my No. 1 at this time of the year.

However, as I already mentioned, You will not find Your favorite coffee beans without tasting them!

Good luck in searching for the coffee beans that would suit Your personal taste best. :)

You are absolutely right..:)

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
It really depends on what you are after. Is it the flavor? It is the coffee snob like attitude? Is it your social statues? or just purely after the best tasting coffee. Because I can say for the price, Kopi Luwak would be the champion on this subject and it is amazing coffee. So is blue mountain, Kona and many many over priced well marketed coffee out there but this can be life long journey to find your best coffee. Don't take anyone's word for it. But go out there and actually try different types of beans, roast and blends. You will be amazed what you will find. Cheers.