5kg US Roaster - Looking for service manual.

mjl871

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased a used 5 kg US Roaster corp roaster but it did not come with any manuals or paperwork. I was told its about 10 years old. Does anyone have any manuals or know where to get them. I have already tried the obvious place (US Roaster) but have not heard back from them after many attempts.

Thank you

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
I don't think mine came with a service manual either.
the thing is a tank and runs forever. just keep it lubed and clean.............that's it

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
The service manual I received was basically a bunch of components manuals of the parts they used to build the roaster (I.E. - one for the controller, one for the gas valve)... nothing complete. Do you have a question or problem?

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
They use to include a binder with all parts used and a wiring schematic. He builds roasters per order but the older ones are mostly the same. Honeywell combo valves,Charles hones gas valves,Watlow controllers. The work sheet tells you that when you are finished roasting to shut the burner and controller off,leave the damper open with the fans going and do not shut the roaster off until temp is under 250 degrees. Grease the front bearing but do not over grease. Little grease on the cooling tray spindle and a little oil on the rear shafts where the drive motors are. The older units are different than the newer ones. Hope this helps

mjl871

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all.
I was just wondering besides the normal day to day maintenance if there was other items that should be done or checked.