Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    This is a lot of great information, thanks! so basic answer would be not soaked, but not too dry and let the beans sit for a few weeks while agitating every day?

Seb
    Quote Originally Posted by joeydyna View Post
    This is a lot of great information, thanks! so basic answer would be not soaked, but not too dry and let the beans sit for a few weeks while agitating every day?
    That's what i think but doesn't mean i'm right That is why i say i am still in tests mode. I do not agitate everyday but because i use a very small barrel it is not needed. For sure, don't let them sit there for too long as it will be overpowered.

awesome information, please keep us updated as im very interested in learning more about this!
    Perkatory Coffee Roasters
    Instagram- @PerkatoryRoasters
    Twitter- @PerkatoryCT

I have dabbled in the fusing of wine with beans. A couple of things I have learned.

-If you soak beans in wine that has ANY residual sugar, you will get a "burnt sugar" taste when you roast them, even after drying the beans thoroughly.
    -Another option to infuse wine in coffee is to actually ferment the beans in the wine. This has several "side affect". If you don't wash the lees (spent yeast) off the beans before drying them and roasting, there will be an very unpleasant flavor. Even if you wash the lees off the beans, you will get some odd flavors. The trick is to ferment the beans in a wine where you bring the brix (sugar level) down to negative numbers. This will alleviate any "burnt sugar" flavor, but will create all new flavors. The choice of beans and wine are paramount so make sure you do some small batch trials before committing. The wine will be ruined, but the coffee will be very unique. I have customers who like me to add a small amount to one of my already established blends for that "added" uniqueness. Good luck!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links