Help Please: Need Roasting Machine Recommendations - Possibly a Diedrich IR12

LatteCouture

Jan 26, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone! New to the coffee industry and looking for recommendations on the best roaster to purchase. Currently considering the Diedrich IR12. Any thoughts on this manufacturer or machine? Thank you!!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi everyone! New to the coffee industry and looking for recommendations on the best roaster to purchase. Currently considering the Diedrich IR12. Any thoughts on this manufacturer or machine? Thank you!!

From what I recall, we seem to have had a lot of people on this Forum selling their Diedrich IR12 roasters - I don't know why, though.

Hopefully someone can steer you in the right direction.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site

I never worked with Diedrich machine but it is known to be one of them best roaster in the coffee industry. It is pricey compare to Ambax or other lower priced machine but I know they do last very long time and cast iron drum will give you very consistent result.

here are few used one for sale.

Diedrich IR-12 Coffee Roaster SAN DIEGO CALIFORNIA Tools For Sale Classified Ads - FreeClassifieds.com

Roasters Guild Forum ? For Sale / Looking to Purchase / Advertisements

Discussion Forum - Barista Exchange

these posting can be old but if you do little search, you will be able to find many. I remember IR12 being very popular machines and many of the roasters have purchased them since 80's.
Probat is another brand that comes into my mind.

Are you a roaster yourself or are you starting roasting business.

Nugget

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I know the one in San Diego is a scam because it’s my roaster. If someone thinks they are getting an almost new ir12 for 6k, they may deserve to be scammed...
that said, I love my roaster. Super consistent and well made.

LatteCouture

Jan 26, 2018
Visit site
I never worked with Diedrich machine but it is known to be one of them best roaster in the coffee industry. It is pricey compare to Ambax or other lower priced machine but I know they do last very long time and cast iron drum will give you very consistent result.

here are few used one for sale.

Diedrich IR-12 Coffee Roaster SAN DIEGO CALIFORNIA Tools For Sale Classified Ads - FreeClassifieds.com

Roasters Guild Forum ? For Sale / Looking to Purchase / Advertisements

Discussion Forum - Barista Exchange

these posting can be old but if you do little search, you will be able to find many. I remember IR12 being very popular machines and many of the roasters have purchased them since 80's.
Probat is another brand that comes into my mind.

Are you a roaster yourself or are you starting roasting business.

Hi CoffeeJunky! Thanks for the info, going to buy new machine! Just starting new business and looking forward to learning all the ins and outs of the biz! Going to start with the IR12 looks to be a good machine to start with :)