Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    You still gotta pay Probat 3k or 3.5 k for the programming but they have given Artisan everything for them to integrate their program to control the Probat. Artisan has better graphics than the probat software. Be aware that probat now has a variable speed exhaust fan option as of this fall....which the Artisan software will control.

I should also mention.....as best described by Tom from Sweet Marias, "roasting with a Probat feels like roasting in a closet" ..............in that it is very restrictive. There is more room to move roasting on my USRC (an o.k. but inferior build quality machine) or my friends Diedrich.
    Last edited by wmark; 12-26-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Wow guys I feel terrible, I somehow forgot to check back on this post. Thank you all for your great input

Since this post I have added an IR12 to our shop.
    It has been set up for roughly 2 1/2 weeks, just over 50 roaster after seasoning.
    My batch sizes are 6.5, 12.5, 18.5 #'s
    Very smooth to operate & control heat/airflow. The finished product is very consistent coloration, best of all, the cup is amazing!
    Coming off the 1K MCR has been a smooth transition.
    No hesitation if asked if its a good choice!

Just curious, if you had a MCR 1kg, why did you not consider their 10kg? It's a superior machine at a very good price, if you don't mind manual roasting. Personally, all automated roasters, including the venerable Loring leave a lot to be desired.

i roasted on the 1k MCR for 18+ months, was ALOT of mini adjustments on every batch to keep it consistent, I had no way to compare or say it is a superior roaster, lots of willing opinions out there.
    I was sure I didn't want to continue manipulating every batch on a bigger machine, way-to labor intensive. The price for MCR 10k is more than I was interested in paying.
    I enjoy turning on the IR12, its heat is super steady. 12lb batches are so much easier than a 2lb batch on the 1k. To set up 100 #'s for roasting in an evening is now easy. Great choice!
    Sorry if I missed answering your questions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links