Need HELP connecting Phidget to Typica Roasting Software

argudbrandson

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
Hello Coffee Roasters, and Good Morning!

I am reaching out hoping someone out there can help me understand how to connect my roaster to my computer using a 1048.0 4 temperature sensor phidget. I recently had my computer backed up and upgraded and as a result I lost the configuration I was using to my roaster through Typica. When I reinstalled Typica I have not been able to connect to the roaster through the Phidget and could use some advice.

How do you change probe type so that we get a correct temperature reading? (I have J-Type probes)
What do you do if the phidget is reading hotter than it should? (I've been able to achieve a reading within Typica, but when I turn the gas on the temperature that is displayed soars to hotter temperatures than the roaster display shows)

Can anyone help me get my phidget and Typica talking correctly?

Thanks for the advice!

AG

Miracle

Jul 8, 2022
USA
Visit site
Until a coffee roastery begins to produce coffee in large amounts, beans need to be stored when they arrive; they cannot be roasted immediately. Storing beans until needed reduces the risk that roasting will begin before all the beans are ready. For example, some bags of beans might have a different moisture content than others.