What type of roaster is this? There is no logo or brand name anywhere on the roaster.

Bereka

Nov 24, 2014
Washington, DC
Visit site
BB76908D-7091-4A01-B2B6-C9DC460A2161.jpeg Light is on and Engine works (Rotates)
can anyone identity it please? I want to learn more about it and see if it worth anything
or if it can be put back to work. Thanks
IMG_7642.jpgIMG_7645.jpgIMG_7650.jpgIMG_7649.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Looks like a cool little roaster. looks like the "trier" is missing but should be easy to find something that fits. Do the motors work?

Bereka

Nov 24, 2014
Washington, DC
Visit site
Thanks for the feed back, now I see the trier is missing,
I have not tried to connect to any power supply yet to check if the motor is working.
I dont know if that is safe or not.
I want to play with it but, I want to learn a little bit about roasting machine first before i start messing with it.
I couldn't minimize my search and find any website or link to do some research because
there is no name on the roaster. or no manual to guide me.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I wish I was closer. I love playing with new toys! It does look like someone might have sprayed it with a chemical extinguisher...was there a fire? I personally would plug it in and turn it on to see if motors work. I have seen roasters that look like that but for the life of me I can't remember the brand or where I saw it. Keep us updated...love to hear what you find out.

Bereka

Nov 24, 2014
Washington, DC
Visit site
I wish your are closer too. I don't have full history on the roaster. one of my green coffee buyer had it in his truck and asked me if i want it. I said I would love to play with it.
I plugged it and turn it on. The WATLAW indicator box turned on and reads 52 on left side and off on the right side.
Then turned the second switch on and I heard some noise. I then increased the number on the right side of indicator and the belt and motor started rotating.
For a short period though. I have local coffee roaster friends. I will see if they can have some ifno.
I will update you with the status.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I think the watlow is in set up mode. Speak to your roaster friends and see if they can get you into operation mode. There should be 2 temps one is temp the other is set temp(temp it shuts the gas off) I would first push the up button once. If the off changes to a number it is your set temp. If it goes into program lingo push the down button till you get back to off. If is in program mode try an not touch anything till you can figure out how to exit it. On mine I hit the blue button to cycle through the programing....you should be able to push until you get 2 numbers. Let us know how you get on.

Bereka

Nov 24, 2014
Washington, DC
Visit site
Thank you guys,
Thank you for the WATLAW controller manual, I will read the instruction and thank you for the feed back.
Update:
I opened top the cover and cleaned my little roaster over this weekend. The white powder was not a fire extinguisher chemical that was on the air pump. It was a flour. I saw the drum working.
I figured the bottom Left black circle switch is to turn the engine on. (the motor works perfectly and rotates the drum) and the second black circle switch is for gas lighter (igniter) and it works, fires light.
It works with propane gas. I need to get one from local propane tank may be with gauge and the trier. I visited a roaster this morning and watched him roast my coffee for me on one of the two Diedrich coffee roaster he has. I learned few stuff from him as well.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Congrats! Remember to leave the propane outside. Major issue with the fire marshal if you bring it inside. Any idea where you might find a trier? When I meet someone who is just getting into roasting I tell them to find a good local fabricator. If you show him pics and he measures you should be good to go. Not a hard thing to make. Have fun!

Bereka

Nov 24, 2014
Washington, DC
Visit site
Congrats! Remember to leave the propane outside. Major issue with the fire marshal if you bring it inside. Any idea where you might find a trier? When I meet someone who is just getting into roasting I tell them to find a good local fabricator. If you show him pics and he measures you should be good to go. Not a hard thing to make. Have fun!

Thank you. I don’t know where I can find the trier yet. I’m working on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk