Fluid Bed Roasters

MoJOE

Jan 29, 2019
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Good day everyone,

I wanted to find out from you fine peeps if anyone has any experience and knowledge on Fluid Bed Roasters. I'm currently learning how to roast on them and would love any and all input I could find on here.

Thank you in advance,
MOJOE

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Check out the thread a few posts down "Thoughts on Fluid Bed Roasting...". CheekyGeek has a Facebook page devoted to this. I just joined it myself.

MoJOE

Jan 29, 2019
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Thank you!

I'm starting out with a Sono Fresco. We have the 2lbs roasters and are getting the 1lb as a sample roaster. I just wanted to find out as much as I can, tips, tricks, etc

cheekygeek

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
I just took delivery of a 1 lb ADR Sonofresco (2015) myself (black). It came with an extra roast chamber, even!

I've only done a couple of roasts with it (without connecting a laptop) so will know more after I play with it some more. We have lots of Sonofresco users on our FB group, however.

I also have a 1 lb DIY build and will next be working on an 8-10 lb electric DIY fluid bed.

Oh, and I have a 33 lb Sivetz for sale that has an upgraded 50 lb roast chamber (less than 1000 hrs roasting time on the new RC). Listed in the Buy & Sell forum.

MoJOE

Jan 29, 2019
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
I just took delivery of a 1 lb ADR Sonofresco (2015) myself (black). It came with an extra roast chamber, even!

That's funny, I'm actually waiting for my Black Sono Fresco to arrive! I don't have facebook but will lurk through someone's profile or find another way. Let me know how your experience goes