Hottop Home Roasting Machine

paname

Oct 20, 2006
Visit site
Hi
I am writing you because i'll open a french bistro on december in Notting Hill.
I want to buy the Hottop Home Roasting Machine but i have some questions :
Can i use the Hottop Home Roasting Machine roast our daily production - it means the expressos we'll sell to our customers.
This machine looks good but it's domestic machine but if i roast 2 kg or 3 kg per day...would it be ok?
Or qhould i buy 2 machines?
Thanks for the answers

Davec

Oct 18, 2006
Old England (UK)
Visit site
paname said:
Hi
I am writing you because i'll open a french bistro on december in Notting Hill.
I want to buy the Hottop Home Roasting Machine but i have some questions :
Can i use the Hottop Home Roasting Machine roast our daily production - it means the expressos we'll sell to our customers.
This machine looks good but it's domestic machine but if i roast 2 kg or 3 kg per day...would it be ok?
Or qhould i buy 2 machines?
Thanks for the answers

Blimey, don't but a hottop for that, no way is it designed to roast those sort of quantities. It roasts around 250g per batch, which takes nearly 20 mins. The machine has to cool down completely, you cannot back to back roast or the thing will melt, catch fire or break. certainly you shouldn't be roasting more than 2 possibly 3 250g batches per day. Even then, the machine will not have a long life. Remember you lose about 15% weight when roasting so your 250g becomes about 213g of roasted beans.

If your going to roast seriously for your Bistro, think about getting a decent small electric roaster and selling bags of the coffee as well. I own/use a small 1kg Toper Cafemino electric roaster. You can roast 4kg per hour, all day long if you want, roast times are around 15 mins.

You can check out my website in the UK for more info and a full 14 page review of the Toper Cafemino (which I have written) will be published soon on the site of the UK supplier.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/coffeetime/index.htm

There is an e-mail address there if you want to e-mail any questions

Best of luck