Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Roasters in Western Wisconsin

I hope this is the right forum. My question is, I plan to open a coffee shop in Western Wisconsin and if I could get a local roaster or close to it I could keep it as a local product, and use it for advertisement. Any body with any knowledge of roasters in WEstern Wisconsin I would like to hear from you. Thank you for your time..

Why do you want to advertise another company's products? Would it not be better to build your own brand?

If there is no known coffee roaster in your region of interest, I do not see how you will benefit form advertising your affiliation with that company.

I will not have the room to roast the beans so I thought if I could find a local roaster we both would benefit from each other.

I understand that you will not be roasting yourself. Regardless of where you purchase your roasted coffee from, what is the benefit to of promoting another's brand when that brand is clearly not known in your area?

How exactly do you benefit from this arrangement? Would it not be better to private label coffee purchased under your own brand?

Don't know any in WI, but these three are top notch roasters in the country,
    Paradise Roasters in Anoka MN, Intelligentsia Coffee, and Metropolis Coffee both in Chicago. Before I roast myself, Paradise Roasters was my roaster, and I would recommend them without any reservation. All three should be more than willing to help you set up your shop, and provide training if needed.
    You want cream and sugar?
    NO COFFEE FOR YOU! NEXT!

I am learning as I go. I am not trying to get under your skin so if my answers make no sense it is because I am learning. I thought if I bought roasted coffee from lets say Folgers, I assumed I had to call it that because it came with that name. Thank you for sheding light. This sight is opening my eyes every day. Thank you....

Quote Originally Posted by ElPugDiablo
    Don't know any in WI, but these three are top notch roasters in the country,
    Paradise Roasters in Anoka MN, Intelligentsia Coffee, and Metropolis Coffee both in Chicago.
    I agree 100% - all outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by zander3
    I am learning as I go. I am not trying to get under your skin so if my answers make no sense it is because I am learning. I thought if I bought roasted coffee from lets say Folgers, I assumed I had to call it that because it came with that name. Thank you for sheding light. This sight is opening my eyes every day. Thank you....
    No problem! Remember, you have total control over your business and in most cases, your brand is all that your customers will need to know - be certain to not restrict yourself by signing some agreement otherwise.

Best regards,

Andrew

Email me. We are in Spring Valley WI and we are a growing coffee roasting and equipment "Mom and Pop" biz.
    Enjoy Your Coffee!
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by ourcoffeebarn
    Email me. We are in Spring Valley WI and we are a growing coffee roasting and equipment "Mom and Pop" biz.
    You sell "old" coffee on your website?

http://ourcoffeebarn.com/estore/index.php?cPath=21_181

Would it not be better to donate your stale leftovers to some charity or overseas military? Selling known substandard product seems like a risky proposition for any small company that wishes to remain competitive today - particularly against any of the roasters mentioned in the posts above.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links