Another Newbie Looking for a Roaster

First post here but have read quite a few. I am new to roasting and have already purchased a roaster. It is a Aerorost II from cafecoffee. I have roasted approx 20 or so batches on it and I am not impressed. Getting the rottisserie out is awkward and dangerous as your mits are close to the heating element. Also have a hard time opening and closing the thing. The temperature climbs to 600 plus and thats where it stays, no adjusting of the temp can be done. I have emailed the situation and am trying to return it for a refund. I am looking for a roaster that I can learn the real aspects of roasting but not break the bank. I spent 500 on the aerorostII. I do want to roast and sell coffee so I am not sure if a home roaster is the way to go. I probably could get by with spending 800 as long as I get my funds back from the last roaster. Any help would be appreciated.

First off, I am in no way trying to discourage you. OK disclaimer aside: I am sorry to say you will find it hard pressed to find a commercial roaster for anything close to that price. If you look on ebay http://search.ebay.com/Coffee-Roaster_W ... 40QQfrtsZ0
    you might get an idea as to the price ranges for many roasters and (so-called) roasters. About 4G's is the lowest I have seen a true roaster, that is new or refurbed. However.......once in a while you will find a roaster come into Ebay that needs a bit of TLC, maybe do to a fire or lazyness, fairly cheap. You might be able to find a sample roaster, but even those are'nt cheap. Roasting for a profit on a roaster that only does less than a pound batches will leave you very frustrated and very busy. If you are going at it to make a profit, you will need a roaster that will batch enough to be worth it. Not to mention, the quality of coffee that come from pro roasting equipment is far better. I hope that the link helps, and I hope that you, like so many others see your dreams of a coffee biz come true. Good luck, Roast On ......Cheers!
    Chance favors the prepard mind.

I have a sonofresco for sale. I used it only about 6 months. Visit sonofresco.com for a better look at this roaster.

Super Moderator

sonofresco

How much is your sonofresco roaster and what model is it?

Jim
    Jim Lyon
    Jim's Coffee Beans
    relax and roast some beans

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links