Ambex or Diedrich?

hslade3

Jul 24, 2007
Griffin, Georgia
Visit site
Man, the more I research both, the more indecisive I become. Right now, I''m just trolling through other posts on the same subject. I''ve gotts come to a decision soon, though. Any votes? I''m looking at the Ambex YM5 and the Diedrich IR3. Arrrrgh!

ourcoffeebarn

Nov 8, 2004
Wisconsin
Visit site
I use a Diedrich IR-3 and I am VERY happy with it! As with all roasters you need to keep them clean and the Diedrich is easy to clean! The shop model has the chaf collecter built in at the bottom of the roaster. The exhaust tube at the rear of the roaster is a little tricky to take apart and reassemble, the first few times, but my shop vac hose fits it perfect for easy cleanup while cleaning! (This is a Monthly cleaning for me.)

The IR burners are very safe too, compared to an open flame burner, IMHO.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I have used both...I would have to say I perfer the Ambex. Not just because the Ambex is less expensive. I have used many different roasters but I must say I have feel much comfortable with my Ambex. I have beat the crap out of my 60 kilo Ambex and it still keeps going. I have roasted on it for up to 18-20 hours a day straight with no issues. Just keep it clean and greased and you are good to go. I had an Ambex 2.5 kilo roaster that I was able to roast under a half a pound on. I dont know I just like the control I have with the Ambex...just my .02