scary stuff

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
We are having a few storms here in south Florida. With storms come power outages. We were roasting on 3 of our roasters when the power went out. Not a fun situation..you get a nice cold sensation all over you body and your heart stops while a second seems like forever till the power comes back on. The good news is that we didn't have to use our back up generator...Anyone else have this happen to them before? Imagine 264 lbs of french roast stop in the drum and just lay on the hot metal....sigh...oh well enough rambling and back to the grind!

Davec

Oct 18, 2006
Old England (UK)
Visit site
The 25kg Probat I used had a winding handle, next to a torch to wind the beans out of the drum :D .....but I suppose your roaster was to big to make one usable.

Very Scary!

Had it happen once with my Toper (no way to wind the beans out)....wow did they smoke!....after that made a bean removal tool in case it happened again.

Comeon Topher, you just need to add a bit more beef. I suggest a diet of beer and no coffee, soon you will be built like a linebacker and cranking will be no problem. Actually we often have the problem here. Our answer by necessity is a GenSet. Wth brownages and blackouts becoming more common, and a daily occurence during the monsso season, we could not survive otherwise.