ambex roaster

ekrockford

Mar 21, 2004
Michigan, US
Visit site
can anyone give an endoresment of the ambex YM-2 ? and the Diderich IR 3.

My understanding is that the Diederich has some more precise burners, or a different burning system. It is about $3,000 more than the Ambex with 2 lbs additional capacity.

Thanks for any insight.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hi ekrockford:

I don't know about the Ambex, fore I've never roasted on one, I own a Diedrich IR 24 which uses infra-red burners. They are a great machine. Our roasts always come out consistent and Diedrich's tech support staff is awesome! I can definately recommend their machine. You can call them toll free at 1-877-263-1276 and ask for Greg St. John. If Topher is out here he can speak on the Ambex, I know he's experienced with them.

coffeguy76

May 24, 2004
Grand Prairie, Texas
Visit site
. . . Quality Costs . . .

'Mornin Folks. You'all have a new forum contributor here, so be nice. Note that I'm another 'coffee person' . . . so pls don't get me confused with 'coffee guy'. I'm the one in Texas.

Which is best? My Dietrich IR12 is a producer! But, so are the Probats. A lot of personal experience and just plain I like That One is part of your decfision. I would tend to look toward spare part availability i.e. Grainger for the Dietrich, and overall responsiveness to questions. I agree w/ the other coffee guy, Dietrich is a '10'.

Topher, whatcha think? (Yes, we have met. Are you still roasting on the sidewalk?)

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Whooooa!!! Nothing personal Coffee Guy 76 But don't you think you could have been a little more original on your screen name? :evil: I realize that my screen name isn't trademarked in these forums, however, I don't want people to be confused when it comes to our posts. I've been a contributor here for a little while, whereas, I noticed this is your first post. Now of course it's up to you, but I'd like to ask you to choose another name...I think it would make it a little easier for everyone sake if we were not confused. I would appreciate it if you could make this happen before your next post.

Thanks

"Coffee Guy" :p

coffeguy76

May 24, 2004
Grand Prairie, Texas
Visit site
Sorry. My mistake . . . Help For A New Name

Sorry (original) Coffeeguy, but No Harm Was Meant in using the name I've used before. . . (see my sticky).

Now, Coffee Forum folks, I need a new name so the 'coffeguy76' can be respectfully retired. Any (clean) suggestions?

I might let you'all know the new name . . . but I might not depending on the suggestions. So have at it and start naming . . .

t

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Thank you "Coffee Guy 76" I appreciate that :p I don't know what you think, but since you are from the hometown of my favorite football team of all time "The Dallas Cowboys" (and Perky Girl from Rowley can attest to that :)) How about "The Big Guy", "Big D", or "Cowboy Coffee Man". I don't know just a couple of thoughts. Anyway, welcome aboard and I look forward to swapping posts with you.

drrum_vi

Sep 20, 2004
arizona
Visit site
What's with Ambex

I want info for a possible purchase. They don't answer the phone, return calls or return emails. I don't think Tampa area got nailed this time by hurrcane Jeanne, did it?

I hope this isn't indicative of the level of service. :( :(

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
The extra 3K may be worth the piece of mind, especially when you spread it out. Also their customer service is excellent! If you have any further questions regarding them you can pm me and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. 8)

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Nope...have only used a Diedrich. During my research days I looked at the other two you mentioned here, so I can't speak from experience on the others. When it came down to it I did spend the extra for the Diedrich. Just my personal experience. I'm sure the others may have their pluses and minuses. You just have to go with the one that works best for your needs. :D

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
OMG!!! You paid more for a Diedrich than a Probat??! sorry I will be quiet...if you ever want to buy something really expensive...you have my number for advice :p :wink: