Any clues on an Ozturk Roaster?

Jim_cavin

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
They produce such nice and quality roasters for competitive prices.i ll recommend you to buy one.i had one and i feel really lucky!!!

Turkish roasters are fine. I am always amazed at the sharp reactions that come up when Ozturk, Toper or Has Garanti roasters are mentioned. I know at least 3 other roasters on this forum (1 particular large) that use Turkish roaster technology without complaint. Basically when you buy a roaster, and have roasting knowledge,you will have a set of parameters that you are looking for... whether these are found in a Probat, diedrich or a Turkish roaster depends on what you are looking for. I have experience on a Turkish built roaster, and it perf0ormed well. I dont use one now, now because of quality or performance issues, rather my style of roasting works better with a different type of roaster.

Would I reccomend Ozturk etc? Yes. The machines are built well, normally from steel (apart from the drum) and as long as there is a good local support guy where you are... there should be no problem whatsoever.

coffeegemen

Mar 27, 2008
Visit site
Turkish made roasters are so good ,I have one Toper roaster which is roast well .
But I have checked all roasters before purchased my Toper roaster . I heart Ozturk doesnot give a good service to cutomers . Ozturk had a problem with delawre city c.c.The roaster came them bad in condition , Company wanted to send them back , they didnot accept and Oztuk responsible people dissappeared . They didnot even reply to company by e-mail .
Life is too short to use a bad roaster, so check Toper roasters

Roast well
Gemen

Jim_cavin

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
Mr.Gemen i do not know what did you hear about OZTURK roasters, but i have been using 15 kg. OZTURK roaster for 2 years and had no problem on the machine or technical assistance. So again i ll recommend everyone to use OZTURK roasters :)

Jim CAVIN

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
I've been using an Ozturk 10kg roaster for two years. The drum is cast iron. The results have been great. As an earlier poster said a lot has to do with the person doing the roasting but the roaster itself has done quite a good job for us. I don't have experience on steel drum roasters so I could be wrong but I know from cooking with cast iron pans and pots that I get a 'softer' more even heat than with steel (I hate my steel pans here in Irealand - horrible stuff. When I visit the States again I'm going to reclaim my well seasoned, naturally non-stick pans! -- but I digress).

I think Ambex used to have their roasters, or a large part of them made in Turkey and I don't find too many people dissing Ambex so that should give you an idea of the machinery.

I've said before that I consider my Ozturk to be like a good Ford or Chevy. It may not have all the bells and whistles that some have or the name cachet of, say, a Probat, but it gets us from point A to point B and we're very happy with the results. Maintenance is easy and we've had good response from the factory.

There is a guy in upstate NY, Duane, at Adirondak roasters. Give him a shout as he deals with Ozturk a lot. He is such a great guy that I called him from Ireland to get his opinion and even though he wasn't making a dime on the sale he still invited me to his place and gave me a day of roasting lessons for free. Someone asked about Texas and I know he has sold roasters into Texas so give him a ring. He'll treat you right.

Oh, finally, before I bought my Ozturk I did speak to the guy in Delaware and right off the bat got the feeling that he wasn't going to treat me right. If it is the same person mentioned earlier then I was right. But that was no reflection on the roaster, it was a reflection on the individual.

Best wishes on whichever roaster you purchase.

Last edited: