the 6 lbs San Franciscan versus 3 kilos Probat versus US Roa

frenchy

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

i am about to purchase the 6 lbs San franciscan, I am a godd at roasting coffee yet. I relly like the San franciscan because is small and less weigth, the weigth is 375 lbs versus at least a 1000 lbs for the same with Probat. I am laso very bias about the European products. I think sometimes they superior to other producs because their motivations are different. it's not always money for the art of doing something. I am a bit perplexe of spending more than $10,000. Can somebosy advice about buying San franciscan instead of Probat. I like San Franciscan because is manual. What about US Roaster. I am sure about US Roaster. Please honest advice please.

Coffeeexpert

Jun 29, 2008
USA
Visit site
People are very divided when it comes to roaster models and manufacturers. It's a bit like the Chevy vs Ford guys. There are many posts on this subject. You may want to make a list of the things you are looking for in a roaster and call these manufacturers.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
I'm not a roaster by any means. But looking at the Probat we have and the ones that are on the Probat's website I would venture to say your San Fanciscan is a completely different machine.

From what little I've read on www.probat.com I would say that a new Probat roaster might have the option to adding computer control to it. It might be expensive but may have options you might want to consider for down the road.