Seeking 2-5 k roaster

blacklisted

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,
any help or info on a small shop roaster would be greatly appreciated. I've read a few threads on recommended small roasters. I'd like any info people have today. Anything I should stay away from? I've been thinking about getting an electric roaster for practical reasons, but I'm open. Especially to any available used roasters.

thank you very much in advance,
b

Darksideroastery

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello B,

I have a 5 kg Toper for sale. If you are interested, I can send pics. Price is $9500 shipped in Canada and most of the US. It is set up for natural gas but, can easily turned to propane.

I prefer the gas models as you have immediate temp responses when roasting. One of the main issues with electric elements (IMO), is that they have a slightly delayed response to a reduction/increase in heat during your roasting cycle. Whereas, a flame is almost instant in application. The delayed response is slight but, I find it enough to throw my roasting off.

Well...thats my 2 bits. Let me know if you are interested in the gas roaster.

Regards,

Shaun

blacklisted

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Shaun, thanks for your input and offer. I'd love to get some pics and any other info. You know, how old, use etc.

cheers,
b

ps, i can't post my email address yet. I'm still a noob.

Darksideroastery

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi B,

I have a red and stainless Toper. This is a 5 kg TKMSX shop roaster. It is set up for natural gas. This roaster has the capacity for 10kg-30kg per hour and has an average roasting time of 10-15 minutes depending on roast level (light to dark roast). Chaff collector is included.

This roaster is only 2 years old and has served us well with the farmers markets but, is being replaced by a 10kg unit that will better keep up with our current volume with the new coffee shop and markets. I am motivated to sell this roaster as I do not have room for 2 roasters in my shop. Pics are available upon request.

Asking $9,500.00 Includes shipping anywhere in Canada and most of the U.S.

My Email is darksideroastery at gmail.com email me and I will send you some pics.

Regards,

Shaun