Panama - boquete i am harvesting !!! As well offer my farm for sale

Fortuna

Sep 30, 2011
Panamá, David
Visit site
I have a 7,6 hectares big farm in the area of Boquete, Panama at a 4000 feet altitude.
I will have the first coffee (wet and pealed) from next week, and already offers to sell it in Boquete.

I am studiing offers from buyers, as well I am prepared to sell my farm completely, titled land, offcourse !!! promo5.jpgDSCF3550.JPG

sdcoffeeroaster

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah you have to really love it. I met a young farmer in Kona that quit his "game programming" job one day with a yellow post it that said I quit. I was pretty inspired by him but it's a huge commitment for sure and lots back breaking work unless you can afford to hire help. And still the romance persists. I was sort of toying with the idea of farming in Kona since a lot of farms were available a couple of years ago very cheap. You can check out this guys story and farm at konaearth. He currently fighting the coffee cherry borer that has finally arrived in Kona.

Fortuna

Sep 30, 2011
Panamá, David
Visit site
You're right if you say it's hard work, but a 20 acres farm you need to organise and you can't do it on your own. I am employing local people and am involved as well in the social projects of the cumunity. Here the coffee prices are booming because of various reasons, the bad harvesting in Colombia for excample and as you mencioned sdcoffeeroastar, the cherry borer, called here as BROCA, wich hardly can't be done by cemicals, and fortunaly enough has not arrived in my area, wich is over 4000 feet and not easy access, as well we are well informed and keep our farms in a situation of quaretaine. Our coffee is doing some $6-7 per pound in the shops, so worth the commitment !!

Janet

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I know we've been hard hit here in Boquete the past two years, with too much rain and not enough sun during the ripening period. Turns out, it not just Panama that is suffering.
Enjoy Boquete coffee while you still can.