advice on personal roaster

coffee8

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been using a behmore for over two years now, but I want something that can handle a bit more volume. where do you go from the behmore? I don't plan to roast more than two pounds at a time and I roast at home. any advice?

coffee8

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a Behmor as well and upgraded to a 1lb sample roaster. Grill roaster or homebuilt (sc/to or bm/hg) would be an economical choice.

Thanks, hankua. What did you end up with? I find it's not easy to choose something one step up from the Behmore. I've heard mixed reports on sonofresco and some other relatively inexpensive roasters. the cafemino gets good reviews and there are a few others. basically, I'd like something about the same size as you bought.

Hankua

Nov 11, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Visit site
Hi! I have a Yang-Chia Machine Works 800n roaster; and imported it myself. It came in a crate; sea cargo from Taichung, Taiwan. Nice machine, but the owner of the factory does not speak English and warranty work has to be done at the factory or the dealer in Taipei. Ten times more expensive than a Behmor, is it really worth it?

I think the step up from a behmor is (sc/to or bm/hg), and they can be hooked up to a computer and charted. They are homebuilt roasters, and folks have won roasting competitions with them.