Used roasters in Europe

Roaster

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,
Just like a few other members to this forum I'm planning on starting up my own roastery. After more than 10 years of roasting at home I thought it was time...

At this moment I'm trying to figure out what roaster to lay my hands on. Does anyone in here know any companies in Europe selling used/refurbished roasters?

And while I'm at it... if I get a new roaster and need to get rid of it after a year or so (either because I need a larger one, or because I can't sell my coffee...) what would be the typical selling price of the roaster - 90 % of new price? 80 %? Or impossible to tell?

Just a couple of questions on top of my mind. Any help is greatly appreciated:)

Cheers,
Ben

ACRM

Oct 15, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
Hi Ben,
We have seen a few used roasters advertised for sale overseas but not often and not many. Check out CoffeeTec and RoastersExchange for US based second hand roasters as well as some of the trade magazines. Coffee roasters are never cheap (new or used) so we always suggest that once a roaster has been identified as a real candidate you invest the $500-$1,000, jump on a train or a plane and go and see it for yourself. Hopefully you'll find one for sale in Paris!

Latest posts