What type of packaging do you use for your roasted beans?

scottryan

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I was wondering what type of packaging you use for your roasted beans (the package you sell to your customers). What do you suggest?
The ones I am looking at getting are just the plain paper bags and stamping my logo, origin and roast on them. I like the look of these. It would not have a one way valve.
Look forward to hearing you suggestions.

scott

We are searching for something a lot more ebvironmentally friendly than what we currently use (ALU32 bags, heat sealed, zippable reseal). Its a hard one, because in my current markets it would be rare for my clients to go through a bag quicker than say one every 2 weeks...meaning normal paper just wouldnt be an option. ideally we wont to look at packaging that is biodegradable or can be reused in some other way.

jagvpr

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I use De-met stand up pouches, heat sealed, and labels...I believe that SCAA standards say that coffee will maintain it's freshness for about two weeks regardless of packaging and I find that most of my customers go through about one bag every two weeks. I use the pouches because of the aesthetic appeal.

Yes, agree- standup pouches are the way we go as well. Not 100% sure on coffee maintaining freshness regardless of type of packaging. We have done a lot of experimenting with packing as often we need to courier coffee to farflung parts of Indonesia. For us, so far, only the ALU material seems to withstand the vigors of freight, tough handling, tropical conditions whilst still maintaining the coffee freshness (somewhat).

Latest posts