thoughts on a San Franciscan 6 lb roaster

Tampest

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any thoughts on a San Franciscan 6lb roaster? I'm looking for a small batch roaster for a shop that's easy to vent, reliable, and great for 3 to 5 lb roasts.

kanyevil

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
My unbiased opinion----- Try something else.... My experience with a Toper (3kg and 5kg) is pretty good. Heard good things about Diedrich, but haven't confirmed them personally
:coffee1:

Last edited:

tortillatree

Feb 8, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Visit site
I love my USRC (US Roasters Corp) roaster. Every year at the roaster's guild they line up the different manufacturers roaster, and roast the same bean in each one of them, and then taste them. USRC won 3 years in a row. They combine the standard drum roaster with the science of air roasters, to produce the best of both worlds.

Built-in sprinkler system, in case of fire. Safest and smartest roaster on the market. And cheaper than the competitors. I've visited a couple dozen roasteries, and I wouldn't trade my roaster for any of the others I've seen.

But to answer your question, San Franciscan would have been my 2nd choice. They have a lot of good things built into their machines as well. You'd probably be happy with either.