Roasting Apprenticeship

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
The time is here once again to offer up an roasting apprenticeship. Barista preferably but no experience needed. The job is full time with great potential for growth. Email your inquiries or resume to [email protected].

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
How much are you charging for the apprentice to work for you? If I lived in US I would definately look into this further as Topher has a vast amount of knowledge.
Brian

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
You would think I would have people beating down the doors. It's hard to find people in this area. I mean who wants to live and work in paradise...45 minutes North of Miami, 15 minutes from Ft Lauderdale and kick ass beaches. Maybe if I was in the middle of nowhere I would have more applicants.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I am not charging anything...I'M PAYING THEM. This is an opportunity to grow with this company. I am going to outgrow this roastery in the next year. I can produce 10,000 lbs a week out of here...so you see what is coming. I roast for a bagel chain that when I started we had 4 stores. We now have 13 and the hammer is about to drop. By 2014 we should have 40+ stores ordering from us. This as well as starting online coffee sales. INSANITY! Ultimately I see training someone over the next year and then have them move to the next plant and so on and so on.

dstrand

Apr 25, 2012
SF Bay Area
Visit site
I am not charging anything...I'M PAYING THEM. This is an opportunity to grow with this company. I am going to outgrow this roastery in the next year. I can produce 10,000 lbs a week out of here...so you see what is coming. I roast for a bagel chain that when I started we had 4 stores. We now have 13 and the hammer is about to drop. By 2014 we should have 40+ stores ordering from us. This as well as starting online coffee sales. INSANITY! Ultimately I see training someone over the next year and then have them move to the next plant and so on and so on.
Hey Topher,

Good on ya!!

I love hearing about a fellow roaster doing well. Congrats!!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I am in what is called paradise. We are 45 minutes north of Miami. Even though not one single person sent me a resume....I found someone!! Woot Wooot!!! The new punching bag starts next week...that is a joke by the way. On that subject..when did apprentices become so pampered? When I was apprenticing we were belittled and picked on...sheesh..my people do not understand how easy they have it!!