Please help: Name my mobile Coffee Van!

Hbk241

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,I've just joined this forum and don't really know what I'm doing, but here goes.Can you help me out with naming my mobile coffee business?I am restoring an old (1960's ish) type 2 Volkswagen camper van and turning it into a mobile coffee unit which will be able to serve out of one side. I will be concentrating on high quality freshly ground coffee mainly, but will also be doing tea. I'm in the UK and will be street vending during the week and events/festivals at the weekend.Because of the pain and effort I'm going to, to restore an old cool retro camper van, I'm looking for a name that reflects this if possible. Maybe a name with VW in it? I don't know, just something cool with a retro feel. Will probably have some of the old fashioned retro coffee images on the van with some funny quotes about coffee etc.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks guysMatt

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you are in for an adventure. The only thing that comes to mind is "bug" but then that isnt so appetizing. Sleepless in UK....but you probably haven't heard of the movie Sleepless in Seattle. I will think about it awhile. Also Rose brings up a good point. Is this for the business or for the van as far as a name?

Hbk241

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Many thanks for all of your responses, much appreciated!

Brian.... of course I've heard of Sleepless in Seattle! Huge film!

The name I am looking for is for the coffee business itself. I'm now thinking of an outer space, comic style theme going on possibly. Maybe a couple of futuristic comic style astronauts (with speech bubbles) exchanging thoughts on the amazing powers of coffee! I'm thinking of restoring the van in a dramatic/futuristic/space type way with colours to suit.

What do you think? I'm thinking that if I went with this kind of theme, I wouldn't need to have anything in the name that related to a VW camper. I originally thought that having a VW related word in the business name was important as it fairly unique but now I'm not sure.

The name is proving to be much more difficult than I thought! Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
What about "coffee that is out of this world" to be used somewhere in your branding? I could come up with alot of things to use in your business as far as characters and themes but after a couple of minutes I think that coffee is serious and not comical. Most of the names of shops around here have to do with coffee or the unique service they supply. Tell us a little bit more about the area you live in and service. Maybe a coffee related name or type of service you are going to supply? Are you going to be doing organics only? Fair trade or single origins only? Will you be roasting as well? Will you be doing special events only or will you be set up in one location or roaming in the VW? Hopefully someone else can chime in with suggestions.
Brian

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
If I wouldn't be too worried about copyright infringement I would say Scooby Shack?

Seriously though, I think that you could choose a name that is comical, however it needs to be done tastefully. a 1960's bus.. I would play on that somehow... Not sure how, but it could be a good gimmick and not be so far off the wall as to be discounted as a complete joke.

Let's see 1960's UK.... Coffee 2 Go... Park N Brew.. Lot's of ideas floating around to be sure...

Hbk241

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the comments/suggestions.

Brian,

I like your Slogan suggestion.

I will be doing weekend events and will have 1 or 2 regular pitches during the week around town. Will be selling cakes/flapjacks/cookies that sort of thing to go with the tea/coffee. The tea will mostly be organic, it tea seems to be more widely available in an organic form.

I will not be roasting myself, just importing quality single estate espresso blends to start with, possibly from Brazil (100% Arabica). The coffee is 100% Rain forest Alliance which seems to have taken over from Fair trade. I won't be doing organic to start with but almost certainly will do in the future.

The area is Manchester, North West England. Pretty dull weather most of the time, grey skies and a lot of rain! Really selling it aren't I! Even more reason to have a stand-out vehicle which will attract attention under the grey covering overhead. We do have a great football team though, Manchester City of course!

This naming business is not going to be straight forward!

Cheers