Starting a new coffee cart business in Portugal

teresa

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey!

I'm a 21 student and planning to start a small coffee business which consist in a cute small street mobile stand, like the one in the picture. My plan is selling american coffee to-go on the street, which is something that doesn't exist here so I'll take the chance and hope for the success!

I already have the car and the coffee, the cups and the licenses, but because it's not an usual business, it's been kind of hard to find guidelines to set up the equipment so I would really appreciate some tips to start it.

First: What kind of coffee machine would you buy?
There are only two companies in Portugal dealing with filter coffee machines so my choices are a little limited. Otherwise I'll have to import and it gets way more expensive. I'm thinking on getting a percolator, which I found on Bravilor Bonamat website, only because it looks like the coffee machines i've seen operating on every coffee vans in US. BUT, I'll be grateful if anyone can help me about that.

Second: How to pick an appropriated generator?
The point is buying a silent and technically proper generator, for the smallest price. I might want to run it for 4 or 5 hours for the power rate of 230V~ 50/60Hz 950W . I'm sorry for my ignorance but i'm not into electrical knowledge: if I get a 240V generator will it blow up my 230V coffee machine ? What wold you advise?

I would truly appreciate any help

Attachments

• cool-coffee-cart.jpg
    cool-coffee-cart.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 13,239